Best Viking/Norse Metal?

Windir is a must.

here are some others.

Kampfar ( Kampfar and Norse McD's)
Himinbjorg
Forlorns first McD Forlorn, its more folky with norse themes that straight up viking metal

WNxScythe said:
I'm looking for some good viking/norse metal... any opinions on the best? I'm thinking mostly Thyrfing and Finntroll right now...

Hi WNxScythe]

Bathorys -

Nordland 1 :hotjump:

Nordland 2 :headbang:

Twilight of the Gods :worship:

Blood on Ice :kickass:

Hammerheart :Spin:

are all through and through viking metal albums, some of the Blood, Fire, Death album relates to the viking era, but also all the songs on this album are also in some way related to dying and death - though it is a good album also and so are the above mentioned. If its viking metal your looking for then you cant go wrong with the 5 listed above.

crystal dawn

:wave:

Enslaved
Hades Almighty ("Again shall be..." is even better than "Dawn of the dying sun")
and so on...

check THIS SITE for even more info

WNxScythe said:
I'm looking for some good viking/norse metal... any opinions on the best? I'm thinking mostly Thyrfing and Finntroll right now...

falkenbach
Falkenbach
FALKENBACH
FALKENBACH
FALKENBACH
FALKENBACH
FALKENBACH
FALKENBACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and ensiferum sucks.

You guys are awesome... I was getting tired of just listening to bathory/amon amarth I needed more viking.

Asmegin is fucking great. I love a wide variety of singing styles... and folkiness

Thryfing's arrangements are pretty damn interesting... I like.

WNxScythe said:

Where did this say folk?

Thyrfing would be considered viking metal by nearly everyone in the world.

Finntroll, you're right about, since they don't mention Viking/Asatru/Norse anything anywhere in their lyrics.