best/worst symphony x album cover.

Pois0nSeed said:
I am under the impression they've never really cared about their covers. Don't know if I'm wrong but it seems to me as if they just put something together instead of just leaving a Verbatim label or something...

Perhaps there's some truth in this. Perhaps it's even sometimes the record-company that decides about covers. In the case of V, I've got the impression that this could've happened because in the respective year 2000 there's an album by Spock's Beard that is also called V. The covers are nearly identical except for the mirror, even the figures's positions are the same (look at their shadows).
This makes me think, that they had the same artist doing the covers and if so the artist isn't either very inventive or time was running out for Spock and the record company decided to use a similar cover just because if the title (this also implies that SymX sometimes don't engage the cover-artists themselves) .
For, as the Symx cover really has got something to do with the contents of the songs, there is no connection between cover and songs in Spock's Beard's 'V'.

I've seen those two covers, and it's very odd. I think you're right that it's Spock's Beard that they skimped on, though, because the V cover is a lot more elegant. Were both bands on the Inside Out label at the same time?

By far V...i love that album cover its just soo trippy! i dont know if theres a worst...probably have to go with the live album on that one but hey the musics great so no complaints at all over here

This may sound stupid, but what is it people have against the computer-graphics element of V?
Nothing against it being used in V, I actually like the cover and artwork. Took a fresh look at it and really dig the balance, symmetry and contrasting elements of the booklet. I can totally see now why it's the favourite of many Just in general with 3D computer generated artwork, to my eye it looks too artificial. Like the difference between a midi track and a studio recording.

Most bad 3D art is generally done by people with no traditional art background. They somehow think that a digital crayon is going to make them good, or that the computer is what makes things look good.

LOL, that's harsh, considering that MIDI is the absolute armpit of the synth world. In my opinion. ;)