Biggest Jerk?

Just like in real life, all your favorite musicians are people too...

Some will be having a bad day, and others may not get along.

Seems some conflicting reports on who's nice or mean... wonder why? :lol:

All the musicians I've met has been cool as far as I recall! I've met Lee Hazlewood (my biggest idol), Mayhem, Boghandle (a Danish band that doesn't excist anymore), Loop Troop (a Swedish hip hop group) and Dennis Chambers (the monster drummer). I don't know if I've met more than those. They were all cool and friendly. Dennis Chambers is my favorite drummer and signed some of my records, but it kind of seemed like he thought "Arh, people come running here again now?!", although he was cool and stuff! I guess that it can be tiresome if you tour the globe and people come running all the time and want to talk, have autographs & pictures when you just want to relax after giving your utmost on stage for one and a half hour.

Originally posted by genocide roach
also, i'm suprised no one has mentioned MANOWAR
~gR~

Heh, My friend told me that Manowar once played a show in Philly, and about 10 minutes before they were supposed to go on, they went up to the promoter, and told him they weren't going to play, because they "Weren't feeling the metal." and that is an exact quote. What a bunch of Jackasses

Originally posted by plfffffft
Heh, My friend told me that Manowar once played a show in Philly, and about 10 minutes before they were supposed to go on, they went up to the promoter, and told him they weren't going to play, because they "Weren't feeling the metal." and that is an exact quote. What a bunch of Jackasses

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Fuck i hate power metal bands.

Originally posted by plfffffft

they were supposed to play a show at the pound in san frasisco and they refused to play because the stage was "too small". even thought they had a HUGE crowd. and the stage really wasnt that small. it aint no stadium stage, but it wasnt a tight squeeze or anything. i guess the stage wasnt big enough for their egos
~gR~

I've met a lot of bands and I have never encountered anyone who was an out and out jerk. Jeff H from Slayer is a little stand-offish..not necesarily a jerk..just quiet. Kerry and Tom are always really nice. I even met Lars and believe it or not he was really nice! He talked to us for a long time, asking us what we thought of the show and in general being real. (This was about 10 years ago..but none the less.)

Now...here's a scenerio for ya all..

Have you ever noticed that after the concert there are a bunch of drunk losers waiting with you for the band to come out. Then when they finally show up, the losers are yelling really stupid shit at the top of their lungs when the band is like 2 feet from them..like
"You guys f*ckin rule!" and "F*ck dude..will you sign my shirt (with another band's name on it) I'm a huge fan, I've been listening to you guys since I was 2!" F*ck F*ck F*ck...

I would think that would get kinda monotinous after a while. I don't know...I could be wrong...

i had the MISfortune of meeting Lostprophets (ugh) at Rios in bradford once and they were the biggest wankers i have ever come across (no pun intended) they had this whole "huh, yeah we're rockstars" attitude that pissed me off so bad. they were kids asking for autographs and trying to talk to them and only one member of the band would even look at them! the bass player was so up his own arse it was untrue!

it really infuriates me when a bunch of people have fans who show real respect for them and they can't even offer a little respect back, the fans are the people that make a band cos without them they would never get anywhere. I'm so glad i have never met any of the people involved with music that i respect that have been wankers.
i dont actually think i do want to meet any of them for fear of them being cocks.

i really sympathise with any body who would really like to meet danni filth cos he has to be the biggest jerk of all.

Corpsegrinder needs to cool off though he can't just keep going off on his fans like that. Flying beer cans are some thing thats going to heppen at any show a band should be able to handle things like that, they are supposed to be professionals! threating to kill your fans just because some thing like a beer can gets thrown on stage is not what I call professional behaviour and the thing is the rest of Corpse don't say a word about it only Fisher, which is a major let down and its not just a one off either he's done it before.

Forgot to add Incantation who seem to have forgetten their english fans!!! Incantation cancelled their UK tour earlier in the year and said they would make it up to us and play later in the year .......well the years nearly over and I still haven't heard a word about them planning a tour here! Its a bit of a let down I've followed Incantation for some time and was looking forward to seeing one of the bands that got me into death metal and infulenced my vocals.

Also don't know what you people do to Jeff from Slayer lol he was the nicest musician I have met so far which is more than I could say for Kerry and Tom.

This is a great thread. Of all the bands I've met, the only ones to suck in that regard are the guys in CoF....well Dani anyway. That guy has a serious ego problem. But for the most part all I've met were very cool. Hell Jason Newsted invited me into his limo and gave me a beer and signed my shit for me. The coolest I've met was Devin Townsend. He was a totally cool guy. He stayed and talked to me for probably 30 minutes. I was the only one chatting with him. Oh....another jerk was Paul Bostaph when he was with Slayer.....He was acting real annoyed that we wanted autographs and to chat. All the guys in Origin are cool also. Anyway I have met a lot and those are the only ones that stick out as being rude.

Originally posted by The Mind's I
. All the guys in Origin are cool also.

i see the 2nd guitar player of origin (i forget his name. but he does the high vocals, has big lips, and a nose ring) at all the metal shows i goto in sanfransisco. that guy is awesome, he is always there to check out locals and shit.

i have met Dave Mustaine from megadeth and he was an arrogant prick, supprisingly cory from slipknot is a very cool guy, invited me to have beers with him on tour. mikka from Impaled Naz was a very cool guy, very pro and more than happy to have a chat. almost any Aussie metal band has been very cool. the dudes from type o negative were boring pricks and made for a bad interview and so did the guys from life of agony.