Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metallica

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Selling-out is metal to the bone!!!

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Metallica.

Can Samael be considered a sell-out? While everything after Passage/Exodus is crap, I figure the journey into goth industrial hurt their album sales rather than gaining them fans.

ive never heard any of either dimmu or samael. i dont think opeth sold out. maybe. if they did, it wasnt with this album - it's similar in scope to all their stuff since they changed their sound with still life. if they are sell-outs, then it happened a long time ago, soon after my arms, your hearse.
metallica. hahaha! i officially stopped listening to them when the "black" album came out. even at age 15 i knew better. i was in college when their "load" shit came out. i thought, "what? these guys are still around?!"

I think "selling out" is a stupid concept. Fuck it. There's no way to know whether a band has "sold out" for sure unless they say it themselves, and in that case, who cares, as long as they're straight up about it? Whiney fans seem to be the ones who pull the "sellout" card most often.

Demilich said:
I think "selling out" is a stupid concept. Fuck it. There's no way to know whether a band has "sold out" for sure unless they say it themselves, and in that case, who cares, as long as they're straight up about it? Whiney fans seem to be the ones who pull the "sellout" card most often.
yep. or ahhh, quoted for truth. or should i say +1. maybe just send a manhug your way. i dunno.

Demilich said:
I think "selling out" is a stupid concept. Fuck it. There's no way to know whether a band has "sold out" for sure unless they say it themselves

So in that case, you'd consider Dimmu a sell out because they admitted to re-recording an album strictly for money?

No, J.

that's why the "sold out" was in quotes, because I was only use it to express what other people define as selling out (i.e. making music expressly for money). I don't care why the fuck bands make music. If it's good, i'll listen, if it isn't i wont.