Black metal issue

Timewarp88

New Metal Member
Mar 22, 2012
Dont get me wrong i love black metal, but is it just me or is the whole bashing religion lyrics are getting annoying , the reason i listen to blackened viking/folk is because they talk about a bit more stuff then regular black metal , but then again im more of death metal man :devil:

i personally hate religion too and that's one of the things that got me into black metal other than the music itself. but i hear you man, sometimes i think they take it too far like the whole church burning thing, those churches were works of art. varg vikernes said he did it because when christianity took over norway they put the churches over pagan sites. hes talking about something that was like 1000 years ago.

Dont get me wrong i love black metal, but is it just me or is the whole bashing religion lyrics are getting annoying , the reason i listen to blackened viking/folk is because they talk about a bit more stuff then regular black metal , but then again im more of death metal man :devil:

Worship Satan.

To be honest most satanists probably don't listen to disney soundtracks

i personally hate religion too and that's one of the things that got me into black metal other than the music itself. but i hear you man, sometimes i think they take it too far like the whole church burning thing, those churches were works of art. varg vikernes said he did it because when christianity took over norway they put the churches over pagan sites. hes talking about something that was like 1000 years ago.

IIRC he now says that they were doing it to strengthen christianity because it's evil. He's a mad man tbh.

I watched the documentary "Once Upon a Time In Norway" and Manheim said that Euronymous was never a real Satanist and it was just an image they did because they wanted to shock people. Varg has said the same thing, none of them were Satanists.

I think at the time it was amusing since Satanism sitll sort of had a stigma about it, but nowadays bm bands are just a parody of the old bm bands which were just a parody of real Satanists.

I recently starting listening to Venom's "Welcome To Hell" album, do i have a problem with it? Nope. In fact i love it! I'm not a Satanist nor Atheist, but i kinda like the whole "singing about satan" stuff, it gives a dark and angry mood, you know? I would prefer a band to sing about satan, rather then going to night clubs and getting drunk (Mainstream shit).