"Black-metal" vocals...

Blackspirit

there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
About time we get some action on this board!
So, I'm starting a new thread... >:eek:)

I just need to know if I'm the only one noticing,
or maybe it's nothing to notice at all,
maybe I'm just delutional >:eek:P Hehe...

Anyways... Is it just me or has Vintersorg
gotten better at his "black-metal" vocals?!
Listening to "Empiricism" by Borknagar I get the
feeling he's "grown"...
Maybe he's always been able to sing this way,
but chosen to use other styles in Vintersorg?

What do you guys think?

I really don't know... honestly, I'm not huge into Black Metal vocal stylings all that much. I have to admit that Vintersorg uses them well in his music by not relying on them exclusively... they add to the music when used in moderation.

That being said, I've heard that Genuine Pulse mp3, and I can't say as I notice much difference in the black vocals there as opposed to... say... from songs as early as Norrland, Hednaorden, or Norskensdrommar (sp?).

Hey , well i think the sound of the black metal vocals is that are depending on the "form" of
the signer , more he's vocals are fresh and resistant more its give impresive results ! look
at the black vocals on odemarkens son are awesome ! and those on cosmic genesis better than till fjalls cause also i think quality of the recording
for the vocals is also something that matter.

I also think the quality of the recording has something to do with it but on The Genuine Pulse I think his black vocals sound similar to those on Cosmic Genesis. I don't enjoy much blackmetal, it takes a unique voice to make me enjoy it and Vintersorg has that voice. I thank him for sharing his awesome voice with us on Vintersorg and his sideprocjects!