Vintersorg is NOT black metal

Originally posted by Gorgasmic Plague
a statement that went along with the original(peaceville) copy of Transilvanian Hunger written by Fenriz (drummer):
"We would like to state that T.H. stands beyond any criticism, if any man should attempt to critcize this LP, he should be thoroughly patronized for his obvious jewish behaviour"

If I'm right, they later defended themselves by saying that the word "jew" also is a word for a dumb person or so, in norwegian. But I don't know... Perhaps a norwegian can tell?

As for black metal, there are many great bands in my opinion, such as Immortal, In the Woods... , the old Ulver, Thornspawn, Bathory (black-metal period), Marduk, Mörk Gryning, Taake and other. But the mostly - I must say - are just bad. Especially the "True Satan 666" kind of black metal. You can't take such bands serious, even if their music is great...

Originally posted by Guttorm
If I'm right, they later defended themselves by saying that the word "jew" also is a word for a dumb person or so, in norwegian. But I don't know... Perhaps a norwegian can tell?
I've heard the word "jew" used as an insult, but it's not at all common.