black metal with some clean voc parts.

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
Just heard the new Istapp "album" and it was a great ride. But them clean parts were real strange to hear. Not often you hear clean parts in BM. Any other bands that brings clean vocs to the black?

I'm sure you already know the commons (i.e. Dimmu, Borknagar, Emperor, etc.). That said, you may already know lots of these as well.

Here are a few that I usually think are a bit more under the radar:
Black Lotus (reminiscent of Borknagar, in some cases)
Antiquus Scriptum (clean vox usually in a choir-esque form)
Enid (these guys are weird; they play black metal, but when they utilize clean vox they shift to a kind of symphonic gothic, or something weird)
Negura Bunget
Nokturnal Mortum
In Lingua Mortua
Ancient Rites

Primordial and Forefather are just partly black metal, but the use a lot of clean vocals of highest quality

All of Mirrorthrones albums, to my knowledge, use clean vocals at some point or another. It's fairly varied though so I wouldn't classify it strictly as BM.

Although I just recently checked out Black Lotus, I didn't notice clean vocals, but either way it was fairly solid stuff.

Try Anaal Nathrakhs "eschaton" and "hell is empty and all the devils are here". They are not purely black metal at all times but its really good stuff. Easily one of my favorite bands right now. Simply amazing!

ENSLAVED

progressive black metal

man im just discovering these guys, they are awesome.

Probably mind-blowingly obvious and also not really true black metal, but Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale
All clean. Well sung, too.

Transcending Bizarre?
diversity in vocals, the vocalist of vulture industries and a children choir participate in their new album
Todtgelichter
brilliant combination between clean and black vocals. For fans of enslaved, agalloch