Black metals biggest fans are ruining it?

I believe they have two phases, the one you heard being their later one. They're suppose to be a rather vile, primitive, etc. black metal band in their early days, but electronica type stuff later on. Drawing Down the Moon or The Oath of Black Blood are two I'd look into.

With an album title like H418ov21.C you should have known what you were getting yourself into. :p

J. said:
this thread could have been cool, but then the inevitable "belief" argument was brought up.

When the music is apparently based on beliefs (so goes all music and art as a whole) ... how could such a basic facet not be brought up?

IOfTheStorm said:
No, music (and art in general) is not based on a certain belief.

Oh, its too damn late to get into it. For the sake of avoiding redundancy. I submit, I LOSE. :loco: I don't know why I said anything in the first place, lol. Im going to grab another beer and pass the fuck out. I can feel the goddamn sun coming out already and it's only 4:45.

04.jpg

Now stare at this. STARE. While I fucking run away from this thread.

E-bortion said:
When the music is apparently based on beliefs (so goes all music and art as a whole) ... how could such a basic facet not be brought up?

Despite him bailing, I think this needs to be pointed out again.

a lot of bands are started by guy who "believe" they will get laid becuase they are in bands ... there's a belief :loco:

lizard said:
hmmmmm...so black metal = punk.
I've made this comparison numerous times, it generally gets ignored because black metallers don't want to tarnish their perfect wittle genre by comparing to something so allegedly awful.

I'll reluctantly toss in $0.02 and just say that because belief may be a part of what motivates the artist and fuels the artist and IS the artist...but the art in itself should be for something besides expressing beliefs. It's the fine line between art and propaganda.

I'm a Muslim. Not every piece of art I create reflects that belief. Only what I want the art to reveal.

The notion that BM can only be used to show certain beliefs is foolish. It limits the art, in its depth and its potential. If art is suspended from having a dependency on underlying belief, it truly is art, it's own entity.

*runs and hides*

I saw the coolest black metal band the other day... thing is... you wouldn't really know it, they could have just as easily passed as thrashers or iron maiden fans. They dressed normal. looked normal and acted kinda normal, they just played some really good music. Wasn't satanic or misanthropic music, just anti-religion. Was cool, can't remember what their name was. Just some band from down island that was playing in the next town over.

I like metal. Not a specific genre. It depends on my mood, however, I find a lot of black metal makes Manowar seem serious.

Uhhh, back to the "Black Metal = Punk" comment...thats not really true. Just because Black Metal is strongly DIY makes it that similar to Punk?