Black Sabbath Reunion 2012 Album and Tour

Excited at a chance to see them live before it's too late.
Having seen them in 2005, I can safely say it's too late. Tony and Geezer are still awesome, but Ozzy's voice is gone. If you're going strictly for nostalgia and/or crossing it off your list, it may be worth it, but you would have to pay me to go see this show.

yeah i saw this coming a while ago. Never much cared for Ozzy sabbath(cept Vol 4), but still respect em. But i have no interest in seeing the same boring setlist being trotted out again. Guess they need the $$$. Would of loved to see them do something with Jorn or get back with Tony Martin again.

Having seen them in 2005, I can safely say it's too late. Tony and Geezer are still awesome, but Ozzy's voice is gone. If you're going strictly for nostalgia and/or crossing it off your list, it may be worth it, but you would have to pay me to go see this show.

I almost shouted this when I saw all the exclamation marks around the stories on Bravewords. Ozzy hasn't been much good since after...oh...No More Tears.

Tony and Geezer are still awesome, but Ozzy's voice is gone.

That's the main thing. The weak point is of course Ozzy, but he's the man bringing the crowd in for reasons that are beyond me. His voice is shot and his stage antics are always the same and boring. With Geezer's comments of the past few years, I'm a bit surprised that he agreed to reunite with the Oz again. It's not like any of them really needs the cash I think, except probably for Bill Ward.

A studio album could still be good, cause studio magic can rescue Ozzy's voice...But live, it'll be hit or miss for sure.

But i have no interest in seeing the same boring setlist being trotted out again. Guess they need the $$$. Would of loved to see them do something with Jorn or get back with Tony Martin again.

If Tony, Geezer and Vinny would have made an album with Jorn or Tony Martin, that would have been killer of course, and MUCH more exciting for me than a reunion with Ozzy...

Did I miss something? I saw Ozzy earlier this year and he sounded fine to me.
Even though I am a far bigger fan of the Dio-era Sabbath material, I'm looking forward to this tour.
This is a reunion of the original heavy metal band! I never got to see the original lineup, so I'll give them a chance.
What would be cool is another tour with Blue Oyster Cult opening again, the Black & Blue Tour 2012.

Check out Tony Iommi's new book if you get a chance, it's hilarious.

Did I miss something? I saw Ozzy earlier this year and he sounded fine to me.
Even though I am a far bigger fan of the Dio-era Sabbath material, I'm looking forward to this tour.
This is a reunion of the original heavy metal band! I never got to see the original lineup, so I'll give them a chance.
What would be cool is another tour with Blue Oyster Cult opening again, the Black & Blue Tour 2012.

Check out Tony Iommi's new book if you get a chance, it's hilarious.

Probably you caught Ozzy on one of his rare "good" nights...

I'd like to read Iommi's book. Is it concentrated only on Black Sabbath, or does he speak about other stuff?

That tour is going to be a real cluster. Ozzy's voice is long shot. In fact, I will go so far as to say that Sharon probably strong-armed Ozzy to do this tour. And, the ticket prices are going to be around the price of a PPUSA Gold Badge for the middle seats. Watch them do "Fan Club" or something like that in the neighborhood of $4K or better a seat.

Do these guys not have enough money? I was totally caught off guard when the Heaven and Hell thing came together, but I never got the vibe that they were merely trying to cash in with that. Each time the original lineup gets together, I just picture them with dollar signs in their eyes. I'm with the other Tony Martin supporters here, as I'd much rather see that reunion. I know that Martin swore he would never work with Iommi again, but so did Dio. As the late great Ted DiBiase always said, "Everybody's got a price."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Do these guys not have enough money? I was totally caught off guard when the Heaven and Hell thing came together, but I never got the vibe that they were merely trying to cash in with that. Each time the original lineup gets together, I just picture them with dollar signs in their eyes. I'm with the other Tony Martin supporters here, as I'd much rather see that reunion. I know that Martin swore he would never work with Iommi again, but so did Dio. As the late great Ted DiBiase always said, "Everybody's got a price."

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

This is purely a theory on my part: the band recognizes their mortality and wants to reconnect with the most important members of their youth one last time. I know the older that I get, the more trips down nostalgia lane I like to take. I've often wondered if that's behind a lot of band reunions. Who knows? Bill and Geezer may need the cash.

It could go either way. Honestly, I thought Ozzy did pretty well on the last tour, during the Ozzfest stop in Chicago. I will most likely go as they are my second favorite band. To be honest though, I'm more intrigued by the new studio album than the tour.

Probably you caught Ozzy on one of his rare "good" nights...

I'd like to read Iommi's book. Is it concentrated only on Black Sabbath, or does he speak about other stuff?

I'm half way through it and so far it's all about Black Sabbath. Some of the stories about practical jokes they played on each other had me laughing so hard I was crying.

Hopefully that rumored BLACK SABBATH, JUDAS PRIEST, and MOTORHEAD tour here in the States will become a reality. Now, if they could only find a way to add IRON MAIDEN to this, also.

I honestly doubt that will happen. I think the next time Sabbath tours here, they're not gonna be on a monster bill like that. And, anyways, Metal Masters tour essentially was that minus it being Dio Sabbath instead of Ozzy Sabbath.

That tour is going to be a real cluster. Ozzy's voice is long shot. In fact, I will go so far as to say that Sharon probably strong-armed Ozzy to do this tour. And, the ticket prices are going to be around the price of a PPUSA Gold Badge for the middle seats. Watch them do "Fan Club" or something like that in the neighborhood of $4K or better a seat.

All of this.

I'll probably go see them, though.. just based on the principal of the thing. I mean.. it's Black Sabbath.