Black Sabbath Reunion 2012 Album and Tour

I'm down for this.

But I agree with many other comments: It could be too late to see a really good Sabbath show, original members or not.

What will be the deal breaker for me is the price of the tickets. If they're in the $150-$250 range, forget it. I don't pay those prices to see U2 or Paul Simon or anybody else for that matter. Well, I take that back. I paid that (willingly!) to see Paul McCartney a couple of times. I'd pay $500 a ticket to see Paul McCartney. But a long-in-the-tooth Black Sabbath? Probably not.

The most I ever paid for a ticket was 120 bucks for Roger Waters. Never doing it again.

I have seen the first reunion show they had in 1999 Ozzfest at Lakewood. Not that great, so I am not curious abut the tour.
But I am curious about the album.

Honestly though, the public reaction was very clearly in Maiden's favor on that one...Bruce's comments about the Osbournes were a little rude (albeit accurate), but Sharon's response just came across as petty and overblown.

Yeah, how. I can't imagine someone throwing EGGS at a band on stage. That's crazy. And turning off the monitors?? Awful. What a horrible woman.

Yeah, how. I can't imagine someone throwing EGGS at a band on stage. That's crazy. And turning off the monitors?? Awful. What a horrible woman.

Just a question: anyone goes to a metal show with eggs in their pockets??? Surely not me...Where did the egg-throwers took their stuff to throw towards the stage?

Even then though, it'll be hard to do because there probably would be a fight between Maiden and Sabbath in terms of who is the headliner. I think Judas Priest would be more laid back about it.

I can't see it happening, but if it ever were to, this is one of those things where, while all 3 bands would get a full headline-length set, they would simply have to play in order order of seniority... Iron Maiden, then Judas Priest, then Black Sabbath. Still... I don't see why this would ever happen. Perhaps all 3 bands could possibly play the same festival at some point, but I don't see why they would tour together. Besides all the inevitable logistical issues and potential ego issues, issues like crossover between fan bases and venue selection would mean that all 3 bands would see a lot more money if they just headlined themselves.

Besides all the inevitable logistical issues and potential ego issues, issues like crossover between fan bases and venue selection would mean that all 3 bands would see a lot more money if they just headlined themselves.
Definitely. You can probably find a lot of people in their 30s/40s/50s who used to be into metal who might drop $60 (or more) to go see Priest, Sabbath, or Maiden...ask them to shell out $180 - $250 to see all three and the answer will probably change.

Via Metal Underground :

"Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward has posted a statement online via his official website in which he has declared that he would be "unable" to continue with the proposed reunion, unless a "signable contract" is drawn up. This has placed the future of the reunion in question, which was also recently hurt by the announcement that guitarist Tony Iommi is battling lymphoma. "

Via Metal Underground :

"Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward has posted a statement online via his official website in which he has declared that he would be "unable" to continue with the proposed reunion, unless a "signable contract" is drawn up. This has placed the future of the reunion in question, which was also recently hurt by the announcement that guitarist Tony Iommi is battling lymphoma. "
That sucks, but I can't say I'm surprised...not sure why anyone would expect Sharon to wake up one day and decide to start treating people better. I sincerely doubt that Bill not being there will derail the tour plans much, if at all. Tony's absence would be a far bigger issue though...

That sucks, but I can't say I'm surprised...not sure why anyone would expect Sharon to wake up one day and decide to start treating people better. I sincerely doubt that Bill not being there will derail the tour plans much, if at all. Tony's absence would be a far bigger issue though...

Well, without Bill Ward, it's no more the "original" Black Sabbath, so that's quite an issue IMO. I hope Ward will play on the upcoming studio album, if it ever happens of course...

they just announced they have no choice but to record without Bill :(

I don't understand this. Why wasn't all this shit resolved before making the official reunion news on 11-11-11? Is it more of Sharon Osbourne's bullshit? Bill Ward is an important part of the original Sabbath. A new album without him won't be the same...

I don't understand this. Why wasn't all this shit resolved before making the official reunion news on 11-11-11? Is it more of Sharon Osbourne's bullshit? Bill Ward is an important part of the original Sabbath. A new album without him won't be the same...

Yes I would think it would have to be Sharon. I can't fathom anything else happening. I do agree though that this not being resolved before the announcement is odd.

The thing is though, as much as I love Bill, he lost his great drumming ability years ago, so I don't know if this is that huge of a loss. I'm sure Vinny will be the replacement...unless something is reached.

Honestly, I'm a noob when it comes to Sabbath, so my opinion means zilch. However, as the member of a band, I don't think it feels right that they wouldn't be willing to give him a fair share of whatever they're making. Yeah, I know he didn't contribute as much as the other members, and that happens. But at their age, and considering the fact that he's one of the founding members, I don't think that should matter. This won't be a complete Sabbath reunion without him, so why not give him a fair share? They're old men! They can't take their money with them, and at this point, they'll be making money past the point where they're dead anyway. Their kids will be fine. Give poor Bill a fair share. Let him be there with the band one last time. :(