Black Sessions DVD

i think that durin the real heavy bits of their songs it wld be good to jump but definately not stand still, jus seems wrong... at any concert

*in my opinion ofcrse

Jumping up and down seems to be used more for poppy and numetal-esque bands...It doesn't fit Katatonia's music imo...but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to at all.

I'll stick to short hair headbanging for a couple years til my hair grows back. Also I just usually get up in front and sing along.

yeah, eg. last time i saw opeth i saw these two guys dancing like they were in a club playing britney spears. each to their own, if you enjoy music by spinning around on your head while juggling pears with your feet you have as much right to be there enjoying the music as the guy headbanging or the guy jumping up and down or the guy stood there mouthing the words... doesnt really matter imo

i really like Ghost of the Sun, Teargas, Murder and Evidence.

and yes, i agree, the mosh pits (and stuffs) are out of place within a Katatonia concert IMO

Jumping up and down seems to be used more for poppy and numetal-esque bands...It doesn't fit Katatonia's music imo...but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to at all.

I'll stick to short hair headbanging for a couple years til my hair grows back. Also I just usually get up in front and sing along.

jump around jump around jump up jump up and get down

Moshing period is so late 80's and early 90's. Then there is crowd surfing, which I thought was fun until i was at a Slayer concert and dropped 6 feet and hit the back of my head, got knocked out and someone broke my nose. Katatonia is far from the type to slam dance to anyways. Go see an Anthrax or Testament concert...oh they aren't around anymore.
So I'll stick with the head bobbing and the occasional hands in the air.It's nice to enjoy the music.

I couldn't tell you why the crowd isn't "into it". Isn't it filmed in Krakow, Poland? I know nothing about the people or the country, but if you watch "For Darkest Eyes" DVD by My Dying Bride it was filmed there and the people were quite into it.

I think the best played song in that dvd is Chrome,especially Jonas is handling the vox perfectly...And yes they're playing a few songs faster than the normal version and this is kinda shitty with some songs...especially in I Break they're rushing too much even you get nervous that the rest of the band couldn't make it to the speed of Daniel:p
Moshing at Katatonia concert:lol: :lol: I think headbanging would be enough but I'd prefer jumping and singing crowd to the standing still crowd in Poland:cool: They are just standing there and looking at the band,go home boys or sing or do sth but don't stand still!!!You must see the Turkish crowd:cool: And anyone agreeing that Jonas and the band is way more "into action" in live performances in last 2 years???I mean in that dvd Jonas is barely moving(just in small circles:) ) but now he is even headbanging in concerts...

Sorry for being the discordant note but, in my opinion, this DVD shows exactly how Katatonia are when they play live: Very good but I´ve seen them 4 times and only one (during Opeth, Katatonia and Novembre tour) they reached the highest quality level that can be heard in their whole studio career. I guess and hope the best Katatonia´s live performance is yet to come.

you gotta put the fact that katatonia dont really play music thats meant to go down live in the equation. they have more than hooks and energy to their music. the melancholy and feeling is hard to get down in a live environment, but i think jonas as a frontman somehow does it very well with his semi-shy style on stage

I'm glad the show here people were either watching or headbanging. Only show I've been to without some moron heavyweights moshing and sweating all over people. But there was this one kid spitting up some white stuff...but that was during Moonspell...If he ruined Katatonia...I would have ruined him.

you gotta put the fact that katatonia dont really play music thats meant to go down live in the equation. they have more than hooks and energy to their music. the melancholy and feeling is hard to get down in a live environment, but i think jonas as a frontman somehow does it very well with his semi-shy style on stage

Of course. Melancholic bands have it harder to reproduce atmospheres and feelings live if they don´t have fast parts. I´ve seen Opeth, Agalloch, Novembers Doom,... and they can combine fast and slow tempos.
However I´ve seen live My Dying Bride, always on festivals. They don´t create the same melancholy as they do on studio. Same for Katatonia. Maybe the only ones that I saw doing that were polish Riverside. Amazing albums. Even better live!!