Blackened Death Metal

(Not to derail thread, apologies in advance) .. God I can't stand Blackened Death Metal. Too accessible, and a compromise of what Black Metal is really about. Not my cup of tea at all - however, I did enjoy Behemoth when they came here, and would see them again (yet I can't stand their recorded material).

Because heaven forbid pure black metal ever gets tampered with.

Goatwhore and Dissection are two of my favorites.

I really like this style of metal because it blends two brutal genres together.

Dissection triumphs over all, period.

But other than that some good bands are V:28, Behemoth, Tristwood, Destinity, etc.

This genre has a large percentage of shit bands, though. Not a good genre as a whole.

With behemoth, other then there old black metal releases and there "corpse paint" i dont get a real black metal sound or feel from from them

I wouldn't say Behemoth after Satanica is blackened death metal, particularly the last two. I like a lot of blackened death:

Arghoslent
Angel Corpse
Anwyl
Hacavitz
Belphegor (I don't see why they are so widely disliked)
Desaster
Grom
Ravager
Destroyer 666 (they are NOT thrash)
Abominator

and much more

Most of what is generally considered "blackened death metal" is dogshit. However, you also have bands like Angelcorpse, Death Yell, and a couple of others that are good. And there are plenty of others that wouldn't be completely off to be put into that category, like Mortem, Pentacle, Necroccultus, and a lot of the Brazilian scene like Holocausto.

Because I think the bands that most people are talking about when they say "blackened death metal" suck.

I haven't heard any blackened death that really impressed me. I'm not a big fan of Zyklon, and I'm one of the few people who doesn't like any Dissection. Bands like God Dethroned don't interest me much either.

To whoever mentioned Belphegor, no. Belphegor is absolutely terrible. Words can barely describe how shitty that band is. Scourage Of Malice and Dodens, I agree with you guys for the most part.

As I said, there are some good black/death bands but most are awful. You would think the two genres would mix better.