Blasphemer leaves Mayhem

I'd like to go visit the Neseblod Records store sometime. Oddly enough I found out about it by reading an article on it in the magazine Metal Edge while I was at Wal Mart.

It wasn't a suprise especially when Ordo Ad Chao was a let down. What more Blasphemer could do? IMO he didn't have "room" to evaluate in Mayhem. He did some experiments in GDoW and it sounded fucking bad. Chimera was a masterpiece in which he took a big part and after that I didn't expected something as much as awesome as Chimera.

As for the vocals I think that Maniac did a nice job in Mayhem, especially in WLA. In Chimera his vocals worked nicely with the misanthropic atmosphere.

Ofcourse it is only my opinion but if anyone thinks that Vargs vocals would do better than Attillas in DMDS they should have their fucking heads examined. Attilla perfectly fits to DMDS but he didn't do so awesome work in OAC.

Getting back to the guitarist issue I think that it will be a tough case for Mayhem to find a good substitution after Blasphemer. Hope they will find as solid guitarist as Blasphemer was.

Agreed on everything (especially about Chimera.... I love the song My Death) except the part about Varg not doing a better job then Attila if he did the vocals....

He apparently didn't want to because he doesn't consider Mayhem to be as important as he once did, so Blasphemer just did everything except drums and vocals himself.

I wonder how many of the albums Necro did play on since we know he didn't play on DMDS as well...

I'm pretty sure that he played on everything except for those two, making him the only original member of Mayhem who's still in the band, with Hellhammer having been in the group second longest after replacing the first drummer in 1987.

Does anyone know whats going to happen to the Australia part of their tour now that Blasphemer has left?

I'm guessing its going to be canceled?

cheers.

Didn't he say in the interview where he talked about leaving that he'd finish all the scheduled dates?

Who would they want to get as a guitar player? Someone from anywhere with a talent level near that of Blasphemer or someone aqssociated with Norwegian BM with ties to the band, kinda like Snorre Ruch?