BLASPHEMY - I know.

Jan 10, 2005
Really thinking about getting rid of my XSr™ (JSX, for those what just don't know). Lately I've been doing a lot of comparing when I have other amps in my "studio" and the JSX is just too smooth. It's super hard, almost impossible, to get that raw, in-your-face tone from it. Don't get me wrong, I like the amp alot, and I've gotten some awesome tones out of it and onto disk, but I just don't know anymore...

A friend of mine has a PSA-1 -> Hush -> Simul 2:90 -> Mesa oversized and that is one of the most godly tones I've heard in a long time...and I never thought I would say that about the PSA-1, I actually hate the thing as much as I do BBE Sonic Maximizers. But gotta give credit where it's due, it sounds incredible how he has it set up.

So...the other part of this thread is aimed at what I should get to replace the JSX if I get rid of it. What I'm looking for is basically Bloodbath's Nightmares Made Flesh tone, which I know is HM-2 -> Marshall Preamp -> some poweramp and then digital cab modeling of some kind, if my sources are correct. I don't want exactly that tone, but definitely a majority of the qualities. Any ideas? Just something that can get those raw, slap you in the nuts kinds of tones. I'm looking to get back into the heaviness ASAP and I've been working on a project with an old friend. My love of metal has been re-ignited, so to speak. :) And also, of course, it should be something that will be good to record with. It will replace my JSX and it's duties, which includes being the studio amp for people with shitty amps to use, etc. as well as my own personal use.

~006

Give me an idea of what equipment you like????

I would never touch a Marshall rack myself especally with a HM-2.

Get the 90/90 and try it with different preamps for starters.

I wouldn't call it BLASPHEMY what you said about JSX, I would call it accurate.

If you want the stockholm death metal sound, you have to get a boss hm-2. run it through some good amp and through a v30 cab and you've got that sound. if you didn't know, the settings on the heavy metal pedal are everything on maximum except the gain at like 9 o'clock. the marshall preamp and the power section doesn't matter that much, as long as you have the hm-2 with all on max.

If you want the stockholm death metal sound, you have to get a boss hm-2. run it through some good amp and through a v30 cab and you've got that sound. if you didn't know, the settings on the heavy metal pedal are everything on maximum except the gain at like 9 o'clock. the marshall preamp and the power section doesn't matter that much, as long as you have the hm-2 with all on max.

Yes +1, I use hm-2 too :headbang:

Do you think if I ran an HM-2 into the JSX it would help? My friend has an HM-2.

~006

Yeah dude, either in front or into the FX return (not sure if that would work, but it's worth a try!) - don't bail on our XSr club, you're its founder! :cry:

I'm looking to get back into the heaviness ASAP and I've been working on a project with an old friend. My love of metal has been re-ignited, so to speak. :)

~006

You can run but you can not hide.

Some day...eventually....it will take its metal claws, reach into your chest, grap your heart and squeeze. On this day you shall be born again. :heh:

SabbathBorn.jpg

Haha, sorry iekobird, I always confuse the two of you because of your freakin' icons! Of course, the props are yours

Yeah dude, either in front or into the FX return (not sure if that would work, but it's worth a try!) - don't bail on our XSr club, you're its founder! :cry:

Place it out in front, Distortion pedals sound crappy in the loop. Try it through the clean channel and then obviously use the gain knob on the HM-2 to select the amount of grit, or run it through the OD channel and set the gain to 0 but crank the level, i.e. as a boost. There are a number of ways it could work.