BLEAK....indeed

Bleak comes close to the very best music of Opeth's. Excellent variations within the song and by all means perfect display of vocal-power by Åkerfeldt and Wilson!

chomps said:
Bleak is good. Wreath is probably Opeths worst song. It's terrible.

Oh, taste again... :erk:

It's strange that you think that about such a grand song! I myself think it's EPIC!
Such great sounds... and Lopez' lovely playing on the bells of the cymbals...! Fantastic music - so inspiring!

Haha yeah. I'm sure we all have an Opeth song that we don't particularly like. But theres bound to be someone who thinks it's their best song.

It pisses me off when people mention songs off Deliverance in a negative way. Always.

Deliverance is my favorite Opeth album, and Wreath is one of my favorite songs (Master's Apprentices is my #1 favorite)

- but don't start an argument

Don't mean to start an argument. Personally, Deliverance isn't that great in my opinion. Each song is still pretty good. I just don't like Wreath.

Lietuvis said:
but the one song I can't listen to is Godhead's Lament. That first riff annoys the hell out of me... :hotjump:

Dude, you've gotta be joking. 99% of the people here would put Godhead's in their top 5, I'm sure. The first riff could be better maybe, but after that the song is as good as it gets.

The first riff in that song is pretty annoying. It's one song on still life that I would skip if I wasn't so lazy. Unfortunately, it takes ages before the song gets any better.

saut said:
Dude, you've gotta be joking. 99% of the people here would put Godhead's in their top 5, I'm sure. The first riff could be better maybe, but after that the song is as good as it gets.

truth

the whole song is amazing, nothing wrong with the first riff

Godhead's lament = top 3 opeth song ever

I will admit that the opening riff isn't the greatest, but christ does the rest of the song make up for it and much more.