Blind Guardian, Atlanta (Dec 8th) Roll Call!

So the Roxy actually called me back!

Leave's Eyes is going on at 8:45 and will be off by 9:30.

Blind Guardian will be on between 9:45 and 10.

I'll probably get there around 10pm.

Yeah that was a great show. Possibly my favorite show of all time. Great songs, awesome sound quality, and Hansi gave it everything he had. Blind Guardian shows that you can put on a very entertaining show without prancing on the stage like some high strung ponies.

Leaves Eyes was fine. Their music was alright, and I got into it well enough. I liked hearing them live more than on CD, so that's a compliment. They weren't great though. Glad I saw them.

The show was fantastic. I was on the rail the whole time and was able to snag a guitar pick. Great setlist (we got Majesty!) and a great performance from the band.

Awesome setlist. If you put the two shows of BG that I saw together, mosquito and I probably got the best setlist possible (Mourning Hall, Majesty, Past and Future Secret in Atlanta; Welcome to Dying, And the Story Ends, Skalds and Shadows in NC...among others!).

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Blind Guardian over the course of this week. Hopefully the next time they come to the states, it will be a bit warmer so they can sign some autographs. It was well below freezing in ATL and the bards were unable to come out and meet and greet with at least 30 fans that had gathered around their busses. :( Oh well.

yeah the show was fantastic! and it was great seeing so many of the ProgPower alumni there. It was odd seeing Glenn is something other than a Hawaiian shirt. heh heh. I was even able to meet the incomparable, unstoppable MeMaw! HUZZAH!!! that was the highlight of my evening - well, that and singing the Bard's Song with all of you! :kickass: ...oh, and receiving Majesty was cool as hell too.

WoW! - we gotta do this more often! :headbang:

:Smug: where's Edguy when you need them? And oh, yeah - Angra is coming to North America in May. hrmmm... :err:

Blind Guardian put on a good show. If they had played anything from Twilight Hall I'd have thought it was an excellent show.

Leaves Eyes had 2 or 3 songs I really enjoyed. Rest of it was alright.

The long anticipation and wait from when the tickets first went on sale came to fruition last night. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the ending of the year then a Blind Guardian concert. It was like a religious experience, when everyone started singing the words to classics like the "Bard Song" and "Time Stands Still at the Iron Hill".

Leaves Eyes was great and they played pretty much everything I liked from Vinland Saga.

I was able to snag a reapear shirt and a twist in the myth shirt so I've got no complaints about the show whatsoever. Good times.

The show was fantastic. I was on the rail the whole time and was able to snag a guitar pick. Great setlist (we got Majesty!) and a great performance from the band.

Agreed. Hansi sounded great in my opinion and everyone had the energy behind him to make it a great night. Leave's Eyes was pretty good too, though I could have gone without so much clapping :loco:

Did a mosh break out behind us at one point? I was getting slammed against the railing big time during Majesty when I wasnt trying to get the guy behind me to stop humping my leg. :puke:

Glad to meet a few of you and hang out with some old friends.

Did a mosh break out behind us at one point? I was getting slammed against the railing big time during Majesty when I wasnt trying to get the guy behind me to stop humping my leg. :puke:

Yep, there was a pit during Majesty. I looked back and it was mainly filled with the Dragonforce-type crowd.

Good to see you at the show Mosquito, along with many Progpower and Atlanta Record/CD Show friends. Great show, wish I'd have been on time to see Leave's Eyes. Only complaint was the crowd in the back (especially the Mexican Mafia ha ha) was too loud to hear the acoustic song very well toward the end of the show. So next time, how 'bout everybody talk/yell AFTER the show ok? ha ha

Great visuals for the show too, and thanx to the Roxy, at least in the back the temp was fine for my lardass, and of course plenty of tasty $7 (with $1 tip included) beer. I love beer. Beer is my life. Someone should start a 'favorite beer' thread. :Smokin:

Name, Rank bitches!

I'll be there along with Palabra De Dios and my two brothers. Maybe if a bunch of us get there early (and I know a small group of us are), we can form a barrier between us and any asshole moshers that are drunk off PBR....those fuckers...

I agree Ned. The chatter during the acousting songs was annoying. I looked back over my shoulder (I was fairly far back), and these people were just chatting away not giving a shit. As if they didn't realize that the whole place was a lot more silent.

Next Atlanta Record/CD show is Jan. 14 at a new location:

Marriott Century Center I-85 and Clairmont Rd exit 91

When/if you attend, just fill out your mailing info when you enter the show. They have a section right there for you to take care of it. Hope u and your friends can make it. I'll be there with plenty of metal CDs, a few DVDs, vinyl and even a few shirts.

When is the next Atlanta Record/CD Show? I've seen them advertised in the newspaper a few times, but I haven't really been able to find out more information.

Next time (to quote The Frantics) BOOT TO THE HEAD right? ha ha

I agree Ned. The chatter during the acousting songs was annoying. I looked back over my shoulder (I was fairly far back), and these people were just chatting away not giving a shit. As if they didn't realize that the whole place was a lot more silent.

Last night was the experience of a lifetime for me. I was on the rail directly in front of Andre, which I thought was the best possible position. Sang my heart out (to the point of cramping my entire body during Valhalla due to dehydration :headbang: ) and snagged a pick from Andre after the show! A night to remember...

I thought Blind Guardian was fantastic. Had a good view of the stage about 10 to 15 feet back towards the left and enjoyed their set a lot. I thought Leaves Eyes was good as well.