Blind Guardian, Charlotte (Dec. 5th) Roll Call.

Rainmaker you guys probably shouldnt plan on beinfg able to take pictures last night at Jaxx in VA no cameras where allowed but certainly do get there early and try to get autographs before soundcheck I had good luck last night with BG being very gracious and siging items and taking pictures I dont know how the weather is down there but it was freezing in VA last night!!!! so if it is cold at night they probably wont be outside much!!!!

It's pretty cold here as well! Hopefully they will still come out for a few moments but if not, there's always next time. As for cameras, Tremont has always let them inside as long as they weren't professional cameras so hopefully they will still let them inside tonight. If they say something to me, I will just take it back to my vehicle.

Oh and just curios, how did you meet the guys? Were they just hanging around before the show or what?

Got there early in the evening and waited where the buses are and just very polite and asked them if they could sign and take a picture and majority of the time I had good luck!!! Most of the time I had experience if you show them respect most of the time there is no problem. As we know things changed drastically when Dime died and security increased big time !!! Being respectful has alot to do with perception!!! I always stand back and call them and ask if they will sign and then approach them!!!

I really hope there is a good crowd tonight. I know the show itself is going to be awesome; however, that would only be enhanced by a big, energetic crowd. In my group it will most likely be Justin (mosquito), me and my good friend Adam.

I talked to a guy in one of my classes today that I know is at least a little bit into true metal (I know he likes Opeth and Celtic Frost). I mentioned the show and he sounded very interested. He lives in Greenville, and might come.

I'm just naming possible people in the crowd. I don't want a repeat of the crowd of 8 people I was with for Green Carnation. Tough to get energy from such a small number. Anybody know about how many might be there? Are the other shows on this tour selling out?

I really hope there is a good crowd tonight. I know the show itself is going to be awesome; however, that would only be enhanced by a big, energetic crowd. In my group it will most likely be Justin (mosquito), me and my good friend Adam.

I talked to a guy in one of my classes today that I know is at least a little bit into true metal (I know he likes Opeth and Celtic Frost). I mentioned the show and he sounded very interested. He lives in Greenville, and might come.

I'm just naming possible people in the crowd. I don't want a repeat of the crowd of 8 people I was with for Green Carnation. Tough to get energy from such a small number. Anybody know about how many might be there? Are the other shows on this tour selling out?

I hope there is a good crowd as well. I ordered a ticket for my friend about a week ago cause he decided to go and on the ticket it said like seat 170 or something like that....Im not sure if thats how many tickets have actually been sold for the show or if that is the number that were bought early online...I really hope the show sells well though.

Yes, I believe you are right about the cameras. No professional cameras but disposable ones are fine. As for parking, I've never had a problem, but then again, I always try to get there fairly early. I've also never had to pay a $5 fee for parking, only a 2$ fee bc I am only 20 years old and everyone under 21 pays it. I was figuring that Gwar show would be packed the other night, I had a couple of friends that went and saw it.

where we parked was an adjacent lot not owned by Tremont, so they were just trying to make some money...we ended up not having to pay anyway b/c the guy didn't have change for a 20...

I hope tonights show does well, i just don't know how many people in the area are into Blind Guardian...i guess we'll see.

Hey Mosquito, it was nice to meet you at the show last night. (My ProgPower shirt came in handy.) :) There was actually quite a contingent of you Columbia folks. I met about a dozen USC students there out of a crowd of, what, 250 or 300? (I'm horrible at crowd estimation!)
Anyway, having no idea what to expect turnoutwise, I am pretty impressed. Even better, the crowd had a LOT of enthusiasm, which makes it more fun for the band to play to a smaller audience...not to mention more fun for the crowd. I talked with Hansi after the show and he was appreciative of the excitement shown. He was impressed that we basically sang the Bards Song for him.
Way to go Carolinas, I think we did alright.

AC2, I met you as well, although since we were a group of 4 we had to get out of there pretty quickly, sorry I couldn't have stayed and chatted as much. But I'm glad you were able to meet some of us from the boards, glad you had good time.

Hope to see you at another show.

...it was a fun show, i wish leaves eyes sang more songs though..they were very cool to talk to..alexander said they'd be back (yay!)...
...i guess all you guys were up at the front?...we stood at the back...the tremont is a cool place for a show...lek said he saw a progpower shirt but lost him during the exiting...he wore his evergrey friday night apocalypse shirt...if anyone saw that...
i finally got to see blind guardian..the first time i just got to hear them...when they played at jaxx a few years ago....waiting outside in a bazillion degrees below zero weather and they didn't let us in on time and then there were so many people in there that my friend and i went out to sit in the bar area..grrrr

Nah we saw you guys. I was wearing my Virgin Steele shirt and Dios was wearing his NotS Iced Earth shirt. When we got inside the venue (after some phone calls were made because Tremont is ass...) we promptly got as far front as we could..which was about 2nd/3rdish row. Was a great time!

AC2, was nice to meet you, keep up with us a little bit on the boards bro! The PP experience is much better when you know others!

The show was really great. I was pleasantly surprised with Leaves Eyes, I thought they put on a fantastic show. I would have loved to met them but I waited outside for Blind Guardian. I did get to meet Hansi but sadly, a security guard ended up telling us to leave and said no one else was coming out.

For it being one of my first metal shows, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Always great to get into that crowd energy, and both bands played great sets. Would've liked to see a bit more Leaves though.

Nah we saw you guys. I was wearing my Virgin Steele shirt and Dios was wearing his NotS Iced Earth shirt. When we got inside the venue (after some phone calls were made because Tremont is ass...) we promptly got as far front as we could..which was about 2nd/3rdish row. Was a great time!

AC2, was nice to meet you, keep up with us a little bit on the boards bro! The PP experience is much better when you know others!

...i did see you standing inside the front entrance and i noticed you talking about lek's shirt...lol...

The show was really great. I was pleasantly surprised with Leaves Eyes, I thought they put on a fantastic show. I would have loved to met them but I waited outside for Blind Guardian. I did get to meet Hansi but sadly, a security guard ended up telling us to leave and said no one else was coming out.

...leaves eyes were in the room pretty much the whole time watching the show...

...leaves eyes were in the room pretty much the whole time watching the show...

Yea I know, I passed both the guitarists on my way out and shook their hands and thanked them but I was afraid that if I stayed inside for awhile I would miss out if Blind Guardian came out.

Mosquito, ya I'll do my best to post more. I don't live in front of a computer like I used to so keeping up can be a daunting task sometimes! But you're right, I want my next Progpower to be more social!

Palabra de Dios, yes, I remember meeting you at the end of the night. Sorry if I kept you from leaving on time!

rainmaker_2413, if you were outside when Hansi came out and signed autographs, then we did meet...I just don't know which one you were out of the dozen of us!

thedelicateflower, it was probably me in the progpower shirt, I didn't see any others. If you lost me at the end it is because I ended up on the floor for a minute. :) I went for one of the drumsticks and as I was bending down, the guy who got the stick was coming up fast and my face sort of collided with his head. (The stars were pretty!) I ended up with a nice souvenir anyway, a big bruise on my cheekbone. :)

Mosquito, ya I'll do my best to post more. I don't live in front of a computer like I used to so keeping up can be a daunting task sometimes! But you're right, I want my next Progpower to be more social!

Palabra de Dios, yes, I remember meeting you at the end of the night. Sorry if I kept you from leaving on time!

rainmaker_2413, if you were outside when Hansi came out and signed autographs, then we did meet...I just don't know which one you were out of the dozen of us!

thedelicateflower, it was probably me in the progpower shirt, I didn't see any others. If you lost me at the end it is because I ended up on the floor for a minute. :) I went for one of the drumsticks and as I was bending down, the guy who got the stick was coming up fast and my face sort of collided with his head. (The stars were pretty!) I ended up with a nice souvenir anyway, a big bruise on my cheekbone. :)

I was the one wearing the Imaginations from the other side t-shirt. I was standing around with a girl. You may remember her, she went around asking everyone questions for some project. You may have been one of the guys I was talking to about prog power but I'm not sure.

Ahhh well now I just read some of these posts and it hit me. If you were the one in the PP shirt than yes I do remember you! Thanks for chatting after the show.