Blind Guardian, Atlanta (Dec 8th) Roll Call!

BG was great! Very good show and setlist. I also met Glen for the first time. It was nice to meet you Glen. Leaves Eyes was okay.....but BG was great!

Blind Guardian was amazing (what the fuck, they played "This Will Never End"!), however, I kind of found Slipkno...I mean Leave's Eyes set a bit boring.

Seeing Glenn and Pellaz again was cool as hell (especially when the mini "Glenn" chant started as everyone was leaving the venue). I hope you guys enjoyed the hell out of Macduff's.

Yep, there was a pit during Majesty. I looked back and it was mainly filled with the Dragonforce-type crowd.

That was actually the last straw for me. I've been to many metal shows but this was the first where I was getting honest-to-God crushed by, bluntly put, shitheads. I hated to leave a prime spot, but you know...I wasn't enjoying the show at that point, and the way I saw it was, if I had to be further back from the stage to see the show and not worry about absorbing a lot of damage to my legs...well, so be it.

A certain level of discomfort is to be expected at metal shows, but where I was standing got out of hand. And it wasn't the Dragonforce-type crowd that were giving me problems. There was one little shit who was aggressively elbowing me to get out of his/her way (I couldn't tell the gender). Sometimes you have to be selfish at shows to get a good view, but this went above and beyond. No band, I repeat no band is worth being that kind of asshole over, especially when the crowds were packed that tight.

Also, what was up with that woman who looked like a linebacker who mowed down the front and second rows during Leaves' Eyes? That was unreal. Again, yeah you gotta take the initiative to get a good view, but she was literally shoving people out of the way while yelling and carrying on. I've never seen Pellaz look that disgruntled at a show before.

I was expecting more of a ProgPower type crowd. Now I understand and appreciate Glenn's rules about proper behavior at his event. I've never had these complaints at ProgPower.

I really enjoyed the show, Blind Guardian put on a fine show and it was good to finally see them live. They played many of my favorites, and the encore was worth the time just to go see them. I got to meet someone else from Chattanooga who, like me, was appalled at our local "hard rock" radio station which blows and blows hard. And I also liked meeting Alex Krull after the show. He was really personable.

I didn't enjoy Leaves' Eyes and did not watch their whole set. I've liked what I've heard of them in the studio but not live. Liv Kristine's voice carries over weakly live. Krull was just annoying. "I am in metal band you like metal yes hey hey hey hey" ended up being the joke of the evening for me and my friends.

Guardian was amazing. Hansi didn't sound exactly perfect but did an amazing job. The pits were interesting... I didn't think anyone would actually do that at a Guardian show. They happened during "Majesty" and "Mirror Mirror". I was about 20ft in front of Andre and right on the outskirts of the pits that broke out. There was alot of pushing and shoving and people did move around alot.

Overall it was an amazing experience that will only be topped by the next ProgPower USA.

Also, what was up with that woman who looked like a linebacker who mowed down the front and second rows during Leaves' Eyes? That was unreal. Again, yeah you gotta take the initiative to get a good view, but she was literally shoving people out of the way while yelling and carrying on. I've never seen Pellaz look that disgruntled at a show before.

I remember that lady. She was shoving EVERYONE!

I saw also the show in Orlando on Thur. and also yesterday, Blind Guardian :worship: :worship: :worship:

Though gotta say, they were better last night than they were in Orlando, and they played Majesty! (didn't play that in Orlando). Leaves Eyes were much better in Orlando and the audience there was insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane. They had all of the floor jumping, screaming, etc. They are very good with their crowd. Yesterday their response was not good. Orlando loved them and all together the band were much better in Orlando.

I have also to say Liv is soooooooooooooooooooooo NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Nice to see some of you here, and yes, Glenn was not wearing his hawaiian shirt, I commented that to his wife. :lol: What a great show, wish I could have gone to New Orleans, too. Only complain was the line.. I have NEVER been in such cold weather in my entire life. I was freezing!!! Oh, and I could not go in McDuffs because I am under 21... :mad:

Derek my man, finally figured out your handle... yes there were some true dicks at the BG/LE show, I had a few encounters myself, but in the end BG did a helluva great job. Next time just put me next to you, I am great at pissing off and backing down concert assholes ha ha Good to see you and Pellaz and Glenn, you guys truly rule! And BTW we still must meet at a watering hole and at least attempt to get Pellaz plastered ha ha

That was actually the last straw for me. I've been to many metal shows but this was the first where I was getting honest-to-God crushed by, bluntly put, shitheads. I hated to leave a prime spot, but you know...I wasn't enjoying the show at that point, and the way I saw it was, if I had to be further back from the stage to see the show and not worry about absorbing a lot of damage to my legs...well, so be it.

A certain level of discomfort is to be expected at metal shows, but where I was standing got out of hand. And it wasn't the Dragonforce-type crowd that were giving me problems. There was one little shit who was aggressively elbowing me to get out of his/her way (I couldn't tell the gender). Sometimes you have to be selfish at shows to get a good view, but this went above and beyond. No band, I repeat no band is worth being that kind of asshole over, especially when the crowds were packed that tight.

I was expecting more of a ProgPower type crowd. Now I understand and appreciate Glenn's rules about proper behavior at his event. I've never had these complaints at ProgPower.

I really enjoyed the show, Blind Guardian put on a fine show and it was good to finally see them live. They played many of my favorites, and the encore was worth the time just to go see them. I got to meet someone else from Chattanooga who, like me, was appalled at our local "hard rock" radio station which blows and blows hard. And I also liked meeting Alex Krull after the show. He was really personable.

Empress I saw you in Atl., all I can say is metal needs more fans like you :headbang:

I saw also the show in Orlando on Thur. and also yesterday, Blind Guardian :worship: :worship: :worship:

Though gotta say, they were better last night than they were in Orlando, and they played Majesty! (didn't play that in Orlando). Leaves Eyes were much better in Orlando and the audience there was insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane. They had all of the floor jumping, screaming, etc. They are very good with their crowd. Yesterday their response was not good. Orlando loved them and all together the band were much better in Orlando.

Nice to see some of you here, and yes, Glenn was not wearing his hawaiian shirt, I commented that to his wife. :lol: What a great show, wish I could have gone to New Orleans, too. Only complain was the line.. I have NEVER been in such cold weather in my entire life. I was freezing!!! Oh, and I could not go in McDuffs because I am under 21... :mad:

The moshing got crazy, yes. Several times I found myself being squeezed to death against the rail. During the show, I thought it was awesome that the crowd was getting THAT into it ... afterwards, I was a little pissed off about it. I know, strange. Regardless, I was NOT moving from my spot! Even if it meant being crushed to death - I mean, if my last vision on Earth was seeing Andre and Hansi kicking ass, then it was a glorious death :headbang:

Blind Guardian was amazing (what the fuck, they played "This Will Never End"!), however, I kind of found Slipkno...I mean Leave's Eyes set a bit boring.

Haha you're imitation couldn't have been any funnier and more metal. :headbang:

Blind Guardian was amazing. I expected them to be good, but not that good. Hansi's voice was WAY better than on the live DVD, not to mention his stage prescence seems to be getting better. The sound and setlist were excellent as well!

My first Blind Guardian show was great! :headbang: I have to compliment the road crew, because I thought they did a great/fast job in between sets. BG didn't make us wait forever either...great job guys! :kickass:

I can't get over how good Hansi sounded live....very cool!

My PPV shirt was dirty, so I wore my JORN shirt. Yep, I think I was the only person there with a JORN shirt. LOL...

Thanx Ned! :headbang:

Someone around me before the show describe Leaves Eyes as a mix of Lacuna Coil and Evanescense. :lol:

The venue was all "No Cameras", and I didn't feel like being the asshole with the flashbulb in the crowd. (That was a joke). A friend of mine did get a few decent cell phone pics, so I'll post when I get a hold of them. I did get a few hotel shots though....sans me...who was holding the camera

IMAG0007.jpg

From left to right: Scott, Ashley, Nick, Meg, and Michael (Gunstar9)

I'll wait untill I get prior approvial to post the pic of Gunstar9 passed out.

better than Orlando? o_O That's hard to do! It was a kick ass show.. And the crowd went crazy for them (not me, though :p )...

Cold? Miami people complaining about 65 degrees :Smug:

This show really kicked my ass on so many levels. I'd been looking forward to it for so long, and working so hard to memorize as much of the lyrics, that to finally sing along to the Bard's Song and Time Stands Still just blew me away. Leaves' Eyes wasn't too bad either - the band members were, uh, very personable after the show, and to be honest, I was a Leaves' Eyes fan before Blind Guardian, so it was cool to see them live as well.

Waiting in line was cold, but I had fun chatting with everyone again. Smacks of a bit of the PP family reunion when I keep running into people I know, or introducing myself as 'mtndewqueen88.'

Too bad we had some underage kids in our group, else I would have stayed in McDuffs to hang out a bit longer. Glenn, I'm not sure if you saw me but I tried to say hi.

I have some pictures from Steak & Shake afterwards that I may put up if requested.

This show really kicked my ass on so many levels. I'd been looking forward to it for so long, and working so hard to memorize as much of the lyrics, that to finally sing along to the Bard's Song and Time Stands Still just blew me away. Leaves' Eyes wasn't too bad either - the band members were, uh, very personable after the show, and to be honest, I was a Leaves' Eyes fan before Blind Guardian, so it was cool to see them live as well.

Waiting in line was cold, but I had fun chatting with everyone again. Smacks of a bit of the PP family reunion when I keep running into people I know, or introducing myself as 'mtndewqueen88.'

Too bad we had some underage kids in our group, else I would have stayed in McDuffs to hang out a bit longer. Glenn, I'm not sure if you saw me but I tried to say hi.

I have some pictures from Steak & Shake afterwards that I may put up if requested.

Atleast put them on Facebook you slacker.