BLOG!!!

Rev. Clayton

The Singer
Sep 4, 2006
www.suspyre.com
Hey everyone,

I'm sure you all know that we have a blog (http://suspyre.blogspot.com/) to keep you updated on the most recent news in the Suspyre camp, but we are actually going to be spicing it up shortly. A friend of mine is going to start taking over the duties of writing it up and it's going to start being updated on a regular basis, perhaps every couple days or so.

The guy who's taking it over is a good friend of mine and as a matter of fact is my roommate. He makes his living as a writer and is nice enough to provide his talents to us in this manner. There is no official date as to when he will start writing for it, but it is estimated as early August. So keep an eye out for that since it will give anyone who's interested in knowing a little more information about the innerworkings of Suspyre and hopefully provide a laugh or two at the same time.

The band will continue to make posts when needed. If you are interested in certain things that you would like to be incorporated into the blog let us know here in this thread and it will be taken into effect when he starts writing the blog. Thanks guys and enjoy.

Clay ~ Suspyre

It was a busy day at Erypsus Studios, yesterday! Check out Gregg's update on our blog page!

I finally tracked my first Suspyre song and I'm pretty psyched with how things are turning out. I used my Korg M3 workstation and I have to say - its real time control is godsend. Blending patches, adjusting tones, and adding/eliminating effects are a cinch. There is a huge bank of patches to choose from, and its so funny how different a patch can sound when in context with other instruments. Yesterday we used some keyboard synths that I never would've imagined using for a Suspyre song (not that we ever limit ourselves, either! It's quite the opposite!). Some patches can smack you in the face when you test it out solo, but Gregg is really good about imagining what a patch could sound like in context before actually tracking it, so before you know it Suspyre takes a rarely used patch out of retirement.

There's never a dull moment at the studio - from battling a massive wasp (or rather, cowering and trying to shoo it out with newspaper), and breaking out in a chorus of unskilled whistles, to ignoring tornado warnings. We really should try to catch these things on film. I'll make sure to take some photos, too since they're easier to publish.

Clay records vocals this Thursday for a song we'd like to leak in the next week, so stay tuned! (I'm sure there will be some great footage from this).

Suspyre Studio phrase of the day (6/6/2010): 'ey, Mario!

Till next time!

Thanks for updating the blog, Gregg, and for filling us in on your parts, April :D

It's really intriguing to read how you guys go about recording the material and being able to follow the entire process from start to finish. Really looking forward to the song you guys are going to leak. Every album so far has been different in it's own way, and I'm hoping to hear some the progression the band has made after WTF as well as how it's going to sound with Gabe and April contributing. Can't wait!

It was a busy day at Erypsus Studios, yesterday! Check out Gregg's update on our blog page!

I finally tracked my first Suspyre song and I'm pretty psyched with how things are turning out. I used my Korg M3 workstation and I have to say - its real time control is godsend. Blending patches, adjusting tones, and adding/eliminating effects are a cinch. There is a huge bank of patches to choose from, and its so funny how different a patch can sound when in context with other instruments. Yesterday we used some keyboard synths that I never would've imagined using for a Suspyre song (not that we ever limit ourselves, either! It's quite the opposite!). Some patches can smack you in the face when you test it out solo, but Gregg is really good about imagining what a patch could sound like in context before actually tracking it, so before you know it Suspyre takes a rarely used patch out of retirement.

There's never a dull moment at the studio - from battling a massive wasp (or rather, cowering and trying to shoo it out with newspaper), and breaking out in a chorus of unskilled whistles, to ignoring tornado warnings. We really should try to catch these things on film. I'll make sure to take some photos, too since they're easier to publish.

Clay records vocals this Thursday for a song we'd like to leak in the next week, so stay tuned! (I'm sure there will be some great footage from this).

Suspyre Studio phrase of the day (6/6/2010): 'ey, Mario!

Till next time!

I just clicked my imaginery "like" button.

:lol:

Yay! April fixedededed it! The vids are awesome, the first one especially. It shows how perfectionist you guys are about what you do. I can't wait to hear the end result. Also, what snippets you can hear in the vid sound great already :D