Blood Meridian

i stumbled over Extol these days. although they have been around for quite some time, i never heard of them, and surprisingly few have so far. to change that, download "ember" from the century media site:
http://www.centurymedia.de/century/media/sounds/Extol_Ember.mp3
heard they are christians but i don't give a fuck. the music is brilliant. (hint: if you don't like the voice in the beginning, wait a minute or so. don't skip anything)

Originally posted by MadTinus
Extol is excellent, they're one of the few Christian bands where the Christian aspect doesn't bother me, cause if someone doesn't tell you, you won't notice, not from the music at least.
yes i didn't know either till i read a review mentioning this. but it definetely doesn't harm the music in any way i see :)

i listened to the song you directed to and i wasn't impressed. not because of anybody's christianity, but the music sounded a bit... lame? like a subdued version of lake of tears?

rahvin.

*this is very happy news, very very happy*

after a long period of vile suffering imposed on the fans, Epitaph/HellCat record has released a GOOD album without the need to call Bad Religion in the studio, where by "good" we don't necessary mean as high-standard as the ones normally released ages ago, but close enough. Check out the Transplants! Now! (note: it's a bit of a cheat being an all-stars band, but at least it's good...)

h

www.theduskfall.com

soulburner directed me torwards these guys this morning and the track "Frailty" on the website from their forthcoming album by the same name.

Really fucking really great melodic death/thrash. Nothing incredibly ground breaking but Kaj the vocalist has a really fuckin good growl (and pretty good clean vox too boot). Also has the ex Gates of Ishtar members Oskar and Mike.

Definitly worth checking out :headbang:

Reactions: Humanure
Yep, they recorded at Dug-Out studios like Darkane. Funny....why couldnt In Flames get a sound like that, I guess they instead opted for that crap muddy production :mad:

and thanks! Darkseed kicks ass! :D :headbang:

Originally posted by Final_Vision
and thanks! Darkseed kicks ass! :D :headbang:
Didn't know it was Darkseed, just liked the picture, nice colours and all...

Hey rahvin and Final_Vision, I hereby command you to check out Detonation (see my signature) and tell me what you think, we just got the first review of "An Epic Defiance" today and it's absolutely rahvi... eehh.. raving!! Calling it "a milestone in Dutch Metal", Detonation is a "superband" etc. :D, read it here!

Originally posted by Nico16
If you like progressive metal that isn't toooo progressive and technical, but still has a lot of emotion in it then you'll love WOLVERINE!!

They're from Sweden and, as I said, mostly influenced by progressive metal; the vocals are mainly clean, with ~20% grunts. They've released their debut full-length album on DVS records in Europe and The End Records in the US. Their first official release was an MCD that came out in December 1999 (and was re-realeased last year) - that one can also be ordered though The End Records. Well, I still wonder why only so few people know them...they may have a contract, but are still an underground band. I've been a fan of them for more than 2 year now...and trust me when I say THAT THEY FUCKING RULE. The only problem is that they've got no label which can advertise them, otherwise they would be really big. (btw: even Dan Swanö likes them and their guitarist was about to go on tour with Opeth in Europe as the guitar technican...)

OK, enough said, just go to their MP3 page; there you can download full songs from their debut - I suggest More than Grief and Again? (one of my favourite songs _ever_). They've got two full songs from their new album on their homepage. BTW: Their keyboarder also has an account here at ultimatemetal, his nick is "unsumed".

full songs froum the debut MCD: http://www.mp3.com/wolverine
two full songs from the new album: http://www.wolverine-overdose.com

Happy downloading :)

Thanks for spreading the word :cool:! Our new album Cold Light Of Monday will be out this spring on Elitist/Earache Records. We're recording it right now and we're extremely pleased with how it sounds!

T+T

//Bagge - Wolverine

WOLVERINE
Progressive Metal From Sweden

New album: "Cold Light Of Monday"
out spring 2003 on Elitist Records

Out now: "The Window Purpose"
on DVS Records
In the US: The End Records

wolverine_window.jpg

www.wolverine-overdose.com

Originally posted by Unsumed
Thanks for spreading the word :cool:! Our new album Cold Light Of Monday will be out this spring on Elitist/Earache Records. We're recording it right now and we're extremely pleased with how it sounds!
//Bagge - Wolverine

Yep, it will be a pleasure to listen to the new Wolverine album. The last one was a strong debut album, indeed, so let's see what the future will bring us in that way. :)

|ng.

Reactions: Humanure