Blood Meridian

my revelation for the year: german band in extremo. they play a very particular brand of folk metal, with traditional instruments. they put on a wonderful live show; i read they're playing mexico city on sept 28th, so thanatos and other mexicans, i advise you to go there. www.inextremo.de

hyena

for all the italian kiddies, i got the "10 years tattooed on my heart" best of cd from los fastidios this morning - the tunes with the current singer, about 60% of the album, are jolly good. buy it, it's only 10 euros!

hyena

Originally posted by hyena
my revelation for the year: german band in extremo. they play a very particular brand of folk metal, with traditional instruments. they put on a wonderful live show; i read they're playing mexico city on sept 28th, so thanatos and other mexicans, i advise you to go there. www.inextremo.de

hyena

good, I'll check them out...what about los fastidios?

los fastidios is not metal, it's punk-oi! so i don't know if you'd like them...

hyena

hah. hah. hah. ;)

more music news: for all of you who were or are mike patton fans (you know the guy who used to sing for faith no more and fantomas), he's the lead vocalist on the new dillinger escape plan EP "irony is a dead scene". the sounds are quite extreme - reminds me of FNM songs like "malpractice", but it's more extreme. you can get a free mp3 via www.epitaph.com -> go to the bands section -> dillinger escape plan and get the song "When good dogs do bad thing".

hyena

he's not barking whatever. me, i like that song. it needs several listens possibly, but then it turns out to be quite good.

hyena

I would like to inform you that the band in my sig have recently completed work on their debut full-length album "An Epic Defiance".

The album was recorded at one of the premiere Metal studio's in Holland and therefore is graced with a powerful production.

The artwork of the album has been provided by a person very well familiar to us all, Mr. N. Sundin. See example below. By clicking that image you will be taken to the band's MP3.com page where the titletrack of the album is available for stream/ download.

The quality of the song has already been acknowledged by respected boardmembers such as Hearse and Ormir, the latter was even convinced to pre-order the album right away :eek:!

On the MP3.com page there are also 3 other songs from the Promo 2001, these songs have also been re-recorded for the album, so might serve as tasters as well, bearing in mind that the album versions are far superior.

Anyway fellow boardmembers, please do yourself a favour and download/ stream the song and let me know what you think!

Originally posted by DoAsISayNotAsIDo
Songs i've heard from promo 2001 were great. I hope the new album will come here...
It will if you order it :D. Seriously, since they are not signed yet they will release the album by themselves at first, 500 CD's are being pressed right now and should be available at the end of next week.

If you want to have a copy, let me know, the price is 13 Euro's, postage included.

Did you like the new song?

check www.orkusband.com
great melodic black metal from germany. there are some mp3s on the site. the "thorns" album got 8 out of 10 in germany's largest metal mag btw. worth a look.

Originally posted by MadTinus
The quality of the song has already been acknowledged by respected boardmembers such as Hearse and Ormir, the latter was even convinced to pre-order the album right away :eek:!
Me? Hearse? I think you're mistaking us for some decent finns. Anyway, I think I unticked the part where it says my name can be used for direct marketing purposes :p

Originally posted by Ormir
Me? Hearse? I think you're mistaking us for some decent finns. Anyway, I think I unticked the part where it says my name can be used for direct marketing purposes :p
Sue me! ;)
Originally posted by Wanderingblade
Haven't listened to it yet, I'll wait until I get the album for that :)
That means you have good in faith in the way the album came out, that's nice :).