Blood Meridian

I finally feel a need to spam about an artist. Not sure if this is within anyone's interest (it's acoustic-y sounding stuff), but I want to tell about it.

The official A New Day at Midnight website has advance tracks for David Gray's upcoming CD via streaming audio. One song per day is to be previewed and a full listening preview is available at the end up until the album release. Sign-up is needed to hear the tracks, but I think it's worth it as they are full songs... just uncheck the bottom box if you don't want to receive updates.

I'm so happy and am excited about the new album. Heh, it's a bit of an irony I'm so happy about gloomy music. :p

Oh yeah, I have no relation to the singer at all... and I don't wish I did. He's very... snarly. :eek:

Just wanted to let everyone that DETONATION's album "An Epic Defiance is OUT NOW.

Listen to the titletrack of the album by clicking the link in my signature, opinions are very much appreciated!!

Artwork by herr Sundin!

12675183.jpg

Originally posted by MadTinus
I would like to inform you that the band in my sig have recently completed work on their debut full-length album "An Epic Defiance".

The album was recorded at one of the premiere Metal studio's in Holland and therefore is graced with a powerful production.

The artwork of the album has been provided by a person very well familiar to us all, Mr. N. Sundin. See example below. By clicking that image you will be taken to the band's MP3.com page where the titletrack of the album is available for stream/ download.

The quality of the song has already been acknowledged by respected boardmembers such as Hearse and Ormir, the latter was even convinced to pre-order the album right away :eek:!

Anyway fellow boardmembers, please do yourself a favour and download/ stream the song and let me know what you think!

THE ALBUM IS OUT NOW!

It will available from the UM store soon. Meanwhile there's another song from the album available for streaming on MP3.com: "Sword-carved Skin".

Post your opinions here!

Originally posted by rahvin
madtinus is about the only one to use this thread properly or at all, of late. and for that he deserves a kiss and a bump.
don't look at me for the former. :D

rahvin.
Then at least give me your opinion on the songs! And if you like it (only if you like it), tell everybody else on this board... :D.

I'm glad you like it, i'll look for their album too..
Now, i'll go check Detonation for your sake.. ;)

Pretty nice song on MP3.com, but "Death metal influenced hardcore"??? I don't hear one bit of hardcore in there, I think it's more like atmospheric melodic Death Metal. Your drummer needs to get a bit tighter though, but all in all it sounds quite cool, nice melodies.