Blood Promise... new shit.

True, not all of us are lucky enough to work with musical geniuses like The Devil Wears Prada.

+1... Oz, I dunno what you're smoking over there, but I'll take two! :lol:

you're usually an alright dude, but there is no need to take personal stabs such as this. if you don't like TDWP fine, but don't slam the dude for doing his thing.

he was only stating his opinion, as we all like to do.

cheers!

Sounds awesome James.

Question, when using the PodXT, do you record with the balanced 1/4 outs, or USB? I'm guessing the 1/4...Also which models do you track with before reamping? thanks

-Joe

Also which models do you track with

He lives in FL. I'm guessing:

041701.jpg

really great mix, love the band tho :D
not so much the riffing but its great to hear a
voice reminiscent of deryl palumbo, a singer who has the guts
to do something extravagant.
personally i don't like the rhythmguitsound that much, i know you
put some effort into it james, but as there are other qualified opinions
i guess its just my taste. leads sound classy!

really great mix, love the band tho :D
not so much the riffing but its great to hear a
voice reminiscent of deryl palumbo, a singer who has the guts
to do something extravagant.
personally i don't like the rhythmguitsound that much, i know you
put some effort into it james, but as there are other qualified opinions
i guess its just my taste. leads sound classy!
well i'm not really looking for approvals or disapprovals about any aspect of my mix... it is what it is... and anyway i've already mentioned that there was a problem with the gutiar/pickup so in light of that i'm very happy with the end result... as i first started reamping and really heard the problem clearly for the first time i didn't really hold out much hope for these guitars...but, people are mostly digging them and that's great considering the starting point.

i won't pretend i don't enjoy the "approvals" though... :cool:

the snare is one of my fave things about the mix...... i will turn you... i turned Kaomao... and i will turn you... mwuhahahahah!!!:zombie:

I'm going to have to go with Glenn. The guitars sound crushing and it's a very good mix and sound. However, I don't think the snare has quite enough definition and seems a bit "buried" in the mix. However, the myspace player could be hiding that a bit.

I found this quote quite amusing by the band:
For the most part, we don't sound like anyone else. We are a new breed.
...Yeah, except for every Metal-core band out there today!

I'm going to have to go with Glenn. The guitars sound crushing and it's a very good mix and sound. However, I don't think the snare has quite enough definition and seems a bit "buried" in the mix. However, the myspace player could be hiding that a bit.

I found this quote quite amusing by the band:

...Yeah, except for every Metal-core band out there today!
yes, the myspace player is sucking it up a great deal... the snare is not actually buried at all and is audible throughout the mix clearly and when appropriate, with plenty of power. it's a long song though and so had to be encoded fairly low to make the limit for myspace music uploads... and as anyone knows, the lower bitrate you send myspace... the worse your stream sounds.

And no, they are not metalcore.... not even close. what metalcore are you listening to? these guys have more in common with HIM, FNM, and Dark Tranquility than they do metalcore.

heavy rock and metal riffs + heavy vocals + clean melodic vocals ≠ metalcore.

classic ATG-style metal riffing + hardcore + screeching "heavy" vocals + whining "clean" vocals + "breakdowns" = metalcore

anyway, i love the snare sound...it's my bag... to hear more of the tone of the whole drum... not just the "stick" or "ping"... and it's not changing... and besides that i didn't ask for opinions on how i should mix, so :p !

feel free to lavish me with praise though.. i'm all over that... lol. Glad you dig it overall :kickass:

Awesome stuff James. Definitely a newer and fresher band I've heard as of late. Cool stuff. I can't wait to hear the mix when it isn't on a myspace player!

Whatever you want to call their genre. Death Metal, Grindcore, Metalcore... I'm not a fan of any of those genres and seems like every week someone has a new title for their type of metal. I've heard their type of sound before, and if I listened to music of that style I'm sure I could name a few bands they sound similar to. To claim that it's very original is ludicrous. Frank Zappa was original.

That being said, the musicianship is great and the sound suits them well. No gripes with the overall production. It's all about what you like.

you're usually an alright dude, but there is no need to take personal stabs such as this. if you don't like TDWP fine, but don't slam the dude for doing his thing.

he was only stating his opinion, as we all like to do.

cheers!
thanks for standing up for me, dude

but, i hate the fact that i have this rep, like im in love with tdwp or something

im not! i am friends with chris rubey, i produce his band, end of story
last time i listened to the last cd was when i mixed it

shit, i even agree with lambgoat and its smack talk about everything i've produced

its a job, and i make a living off of it
anyone with a little musical knowledge knows that they play d minor, d major, and chromatic, and that its nothing really new to music
but neither is half of the other ass hat cd's coming out these days

so to everyone: dont assume my opinions, ass holes