for those who like Lilitu... Blood Promise

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
ok folks... many of you liked the Lilitu tracks i produced last year... well the band is back with a new name and i've just finished up a new track with them. this is posted for the purposes of keeping those who liked the band up to date on their activity only. if you liked Lilitu, i think and hope you will enjoy this as well.... if not, then you likely won't like this either.

http://homepage.mac.com/jamesfmurphy/BP/FileSharing10.html

password is: video

if you like them, check out their myspace page.

I liked the lilitu tracks a lot.. this is my kind of music..

the piano really sounds great, the synths are there, but not taking over.. and that synth that kicks in around 1:57.. really nice.

Biggest plus points for me.. the drums.. that kick is simply amazing.. snare as well James.. great stuff!

The singer reminds me of Mike Patton sometimes..

James Murphy said:
ok folks... many of you liked the Lilitu tracks i produced last year... well the band is back with a new name and i've just finished up a new track with them. this is posted for the purposes of keeping those who liked the band up to date on their activity only. if you liked Lilitu, i think and hope you will enjoy this as well.... if not, then you likely won't like this either.

http://homepage.mac.com/jamesfmurphy/BP/FileSharing10.html

password is: video

if you like them, check out their myspace page.

James is the master of producing and engineering! A lot of heart went into this recording. Also, we shot a video for this track with David Brodsky (Trivium, God Forbid etc), MyGoodEye in New York City last month, which will be availble for your viewing pleasure very soon on both our Myspace, and official site.

Thanks to everyone that gives the track a listen.

Cool deal! Thanks James! The singer does sing like early Mike Patten. Good stuff for sure. And the production.................a w e s o m e !

Killer stuff, and I think the new name is better. This band has a very original sound, I've loved everything I've heard so far!

Very big sounding production on this song, loving it!

piano sounds and the warble/ghosty synth at 3:33 from Reason stock bank?

I like the vox, reminds me of Patton.

No hijack, but Mr. Bungle self titled is king.

Nice work James.

my only qualm is the :17 - :27 snare is kinda sock hop/poodle skirt wearin'

this is strong material though... fo sho.

nice! the singer is a cross between bon jovi and HIM :lol:

Is that a doubling effect throughout most of the vocal? Sounds really cool, great stuff Mr M
Finally... I swear ive heard that piano part before... seems to remind me of a in flames song but no idea what!!

EtherForBreakfast said:
piano sounds and the warble/ghosty synth at 3:33 from Reason stock bank?

the "warble/ghosty" synth is actually the Keyboardist Jonah's Korg Triton Extreme, and the piano sound is:

BPPianotracking.jpg

mic'ed with 3 Neumanns: a pair of KM 184s and a TLM 103.

BPPianomicing.jpg

\m/

kev said:
nice! Is that a doubling effect throughout most of the vocal?
glad all you guys are digging this stuff.. cheers all. Kev, to answer your question, nope... no "doubler" going at all, though aside from the obvious harmonies he sang he was also sometimes doubling himself in unison, but not throughout, just in spots.

James Murphy said:
the "warble/ghosty" synth is actually the Keyboardist Jonah's Korg Triton Extreme, and the piano sound is:

damn. I wanted to believe those sounds were from Reason.

Fired this tune up again with my late aftah'noon coffee - very good stuff. I'll be picking up the CD when its avail.

Yeah, the singer really sounds like a cross between early Patton and a little of Ville Valo. Interesting, rather deep snare sound for today's standards, I like it.
Today everybody seems to go for that high pitched crack that often has no real punch, and this one slams you right in the chest...

Aside from that, is it my imagination or do I hear slight crackling around 6-7 second mark?