Blood Promise... new shit.

Sounds great as usual!

What cabinets did you and Dave use with the Dual Rec & 6505+?
i used my Mesa Standard (oversized) cab w/ V30's.... Dave used his Mesa cab as well, which i think is a Traditional (standard size)... also with V30's. i think his is a traditional anyway... Dave?

mix sounds good.
i see what people r saying about the snare, not much crack to it, sounds a bit strange, but the whole thing is a bit muffled sounding so i'm thinking it may be the myspace thing and maybe the mastering that has done that?
Like the music but the vocals aint for me, too lostprophets'y whiney.
However they sound like the type of band that the Hot Topic loving, stripey socks wearing teenage 'rock' girlies will love so i'm sure they'll do well.

mix sounds good.
i see what people r saying about the snare, not much crack to it, sounds a bit strange, but the whole thing is a bit muffled sounding so i'm thinking it may be the myspace thing and maybe the mastering that has done that?
Like the music but the vocals aint for me, too lostprophets'y whiney.
However they sound like the type of band that the Hot Topic loving, stripey socks wearing teenage 'rock' girlies will love so i'm sure they'll do well.
ok.. once more... the song is long and had to be encoded at low bitrate so that it would reach myspace's size requirment... the lower the bit rate the worse the stream... so YES the snare, along with most everything else has suffered from there... AND SECONDLY I DON"T GIVE TWO DONKEY SHITS ABOUT YOUR PREFERENCE FOR SNARE SOUND.. lol :lol:.. l like deep, fat snares that hammer you on the head... and so, you are welcome to your opinion but it's not changing mine... i realize lots of you like sharp, pointy snares and can't 'hear" them for some reason if they don't sound like this.. but i prefer to hear the whole drum... fat, powerful.. with a nice woody weight behind it.... as do some other forum-ites here like DSS3, Kazrog, and many others that have messaged me about the snare...

so bite it. :heh:

there's spots i could have automated the snare up a bit here and there throughout the songs.. but this is a demo and i did not have unlimited time.

LMAO! I am such a shit-disturber. :heh:

Question about the snare: Did you mic the shell, or just ultra close on the heads? Or, is it a replacement?

BTW, I like big, fat snare sounds too. Cathedral's "Midnight Mountain" comes to mind....

Ill tell you what I like about that snare.

Where some people here would just try to make the snare sound as sneap-like as possible and fail... James got the tone that I think fits the bands sound best, which I think is the most important thing in mixing. I like the crack on that shit!

And right now im not just talking about the BP demo but im just going off on a rant here… I think allot of people listen to mixes with a preconceived idea of how it should sound and then diss anything that does meet that expectation. Im thinking back to the COF cd when certain people were dissing that kick tone (which btw ruled) probably just because it didn’t sound like TGE kick or some shit.

And on another note is Canadian metal up your ass very original?

strange. After reading all the snare debate and going back and listening again, I really like that snare sound. I would even like it turned up some in the mix, but maybe it's a bit low due to the low bit rate and streaming?
But anyway I'm on the "it's a badass sounding snare" side of this debate. Someone should post a clip of the "better" sounding snare that everyone is talking about so I know what you are all talking about.

Yeah it sounds great again James. Like the band also. Good stuff.
Maybe you should supply a link to this thread in your forum. There are a few confused souls there. Or maybe I should mind my own business.

haha, fucker!

you got teh mad skillz-orz.

and for the record, the snare is tits. i loved the snare on the older B.P. stuff (suite 208 it was i think?) which sounded similar if I remember correctly..

Yeah it sounds great again James. Like the band also. Good stuff.
Maybe you should supply a link to this thread in your forum. There are a few confused souls there. Or maybe I should mind my own business.
thanks for mentioning Radd... i actually thought my forum was gone. i looked for it a couple months ago and it was not listed... so i assumed it had been shut done... lol... i'll be posting there again now.

thanks for mentioning Radd... i actually thought my forum was gone. i looked for it a couple months ago and it was not listed... so i assumed it had been shut done... lol... i'll be posting there again now.

:lol: excuses, excuses :lol:
Yeah, I saw that you're back. :headbang:
I wanted to direct those guys to here but decided to bring it to your attention instead and leave it up to you.
Thank you for the thank you. :)

hey james cool vox. what efx do you have going for these? i have been doing nothing but screaming vox for the past few years and i forgot what it was like to mix real singing.