Bloodbath doing 5 festivals this summer

threak

Oct 21, 2002
I know they are doing Rock Hard and Hellfest. Anyone know the other three?

I hope for the Maryland Deathfest. There is still one band missing, which will be announced this month, so I think it isn't improbable that Bloodbath is this last band, because as we all know, Bloodbath loves it to make secrets and surprises ;)

where do you got that information from?
and I would bet on maybee Metalcamp, Graspop and something else... these are the bigger ones... Rock hard says only on in germany

where do you got that information from?
and I would bet on maybee Metalcamp, Graspop and something else... these are the bigger ones... Rock hard says only on in germany

From Åkerfeldt

That's it, folks!! The 'Watershed' world tour is now officially OVER!

"We finished off with two shows in Greece. One in Thessaloniki and one in Athens. Both were great and a worthy finale for a tour that's lasted over 19 months and I'd guess far beyond 200 shows. All over the world.

"We've played in territories we've never been before. Like Russia and the Middle East. Made a lot of friends, met a lot of psychos, seen some crazy stuff, done some crazy stuff, too!

"Endless hours in airports, to the point that we've made friends with bartenders all over the world. 'Hey, you guys again??' Endless hours in shuttles, hotels, backstage rooms, backstage (funky) toilets, bars, coffee shops (not me), taxi cabs, buses, bunks, in the gutter!

"I feel....weird! I think I feel good, but I feel shit, too!

"My daughters were waking me up this morning crawling over me, kissing me and hugging me. 'Daddy's home!'

"Melinda [one of Mikael's daughters] asked if I'd stay 'all the time until Christmas?' She thinks having me home for 20 days or so is like an eternity. Sad, really.

"Well, I'm setting things straight with a ridiculous amount of presents.

"I don't know what I'm going to do now. Maybe rest for a week or so and just hang out.

"PRS guitars are going to bring me and Fred [OPETH guitarist Fredrik Åkesson] over for the NAMM [National Association Of Music Merchants] fair [in Anaheim, California in January] where I'll introduce my very own signature guitar. Amazing! I have kept my mouth shut on this 'cause I wasn't sure how things were progressing, but now it seems like the prototype is finished and it's 'killer,' I hear! Haven't tried it out yet, but it's gonna be fucking nice!

"OPETH have the 20th anniversary shows coming up, plus I think we might do two festivals. BLOODBATH [the Swedish death metal 'supergroup' featuring Mikael on lead vocals] are doing five festivals next summer. Not really busy at all, to be honest, in terms of shows. I'll be writing music, though...lots of it!

If thats true about it being the only one in germany then that is truly fucking gay.

Yup, they are doing Graspop. I'm still holding out for Wacken. They are announcing a band a day this month like an advent calendar. It could happen....

BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, NILE, SABATON, THERION, DORO, BLOODBATH, MUCKY PUP and HAIL OF BULLETS have been confirmed for next year's edition of the Graspop Metal Meeting, set to take place June 25-27, 2010 in Dessel, Belgium.

I say they should do Wacken aswell... for the good ol' times, maybe? hahaha.

Seriously, I had already planned summer breeze as a 2nd festival this year, wacken is a must for me, no matter the lineup... so yeah, a 3rd festival? Not so sure if my budget could handle :( huuuh!

Bloodstock will be one of them i rekon.

YES!! THIS, I have my Bloodstock ticket already and can't make it to any mainland Europe fests besides Summer Breeze, so it'd be great if they could play BOA, it's the most appropriate UK fest for Bloodbath to play for sure :D

anyone seen them lately, im curious what the setlist is gonna be like

and i think im excited mikeal is writing more opeth :p

i just got back into them