BLOODBATH: New Album Title, Release Date Revealed

I love the cover by the way Dusty. Nice job. How long does it generally take you to do something of that magnitude from the sketch to finish in Photoshop(Assuming you use it..)? For me graphics/art is such a long tedious process and it still doesn't turn out like that. haha. I mean, I enjoy artwork but halfway through I get to bored and fuck up by being lazy.

Honestly the cover took me a million years, haha...but I have an excuse. I started it in April, but didn't really get much done from that point until mid June because I was working about 60-70 hours a week at work. Once that ended and I was able to focus on it, I finished it in a couple of weeks. But like I said before, this is only a portion of the painting. When you get the CD, you'll see the full layout. I'd say this is about 40% of the full painting.

Glad ya guys are diggin it! Wait till you see the full spread. Pain, despair, suffering....

A tidbit for ya all....I used real reference of people suffering in india, people in late stages of AIDS, and holocaust victims for this cover. Do you know what it's like to stare at real people in those conditions for weeks just to get a kickass metal cover? It aint pretty, but I think it was worth it, personally.

-D

The detail in the hands, feets and faces are incredibly good, the stuff that usually "looks wrong" in many paintings, but thats where this artwork really shines, so far.

upsa. i sincerely apologize for my actions.
ABout the cover though, did the BB guys just go to you and say "We want starving people" or what? do you know what kind of message the cover has combined with the title? Because I'm not really getting it if there is one

Pretty vivid things you used as reference, although that's the nature of the more "morbid" parts of the creativity field. And though disturbing it fits right in with death metal.

Why are so many people bitching about the logo thing? I actually like the stand-out quality of the logo. It's important to have a recognizable logo, especially in a genre that notoriously (along with Black Metal) has logo's you couldn't read with explaination. haha

logo and titles will actually be printed with a metallic gold and not the yellowish tint u see on the cover.
as for the coverart concept and title it will all come together once u see the full picture and read some of the lyrics, if not then we're sorry for ya!

Oh man....now i'm WAAAAYYYY more excited to see the whole cover. But this time, I'll refrain from listening to the samples until I get the album.....btw, when are they due?

Why are so many people bitching about the logo thing? I actually like the stand-out quality of the logo. It's important to have a recognizable logo, especially in a genre that notoriously (along with Black Metal) has logo's you couldn't read with explaination. haha

I dont think it stands out that much, UTP and TWC both have more contrast logo/cover, if thats what you meant.
The yellowish tint blends well with the dark cover and I would much preffer this one to a gold logo.

logo and titles will actually be printed with a metallic gold and not the yellowish tint u see on the cover.
as for the coverart concept and title it will all come together once u see the full picture and read some of the lyrics, if not then we're sorry for ya!

Sounds cool! Cant fucking wait!!! :kickass::puke::headbang:

I dont think it stands out that much, UTP and TWC both have more contrast logo/cover, if thats what you meant.
The yellowish tint blends well with the dark cover and I would much preffer this one to a gold logo.

We'll have to see it before we judge old timer :p

Song titles sound killer, album art is cool and I like the style of the logo too.. I'm sure it'll look awesome with the metallic gold finish. Should be good, can't wait to hear it. :kickass:

But like I said before, this is only a portion of the painting. When you get the CD, you'll see the full layout. I'd say this is about 40% of the full painting.
That makes sense, cause I thought the actual front cover didn't really make a lot of sense, just some persons in agony, but knowing it's just a section out of a bigger image, it makes sense.

The thought of samples is clouding my mind from anything else now. From the titles, what ones are you guys looking forward to most?

Earthrot and Slaughtering The Will To Live sound nice to me