BLOODBATH: New Album Title, Release Date Revealed

I downloaded Watershed a few weeks before it came out and I was still insanely happy when it came out on CD. But then again, it had three tracks that I had never heard before that day, where as this one doesn't. Also the quality of these ripped albums are usually so bad that it is like the first time hearing it when it comes out on CD.

You people are crazy saying "Oh you are just ruining it for yourself."

You aren't ruining crap, listening to an album for the first time whether it's a month before it comes out or right when it comes out is the SAME.
You think I am any more happy about the album because I got the CD in my hands when it has just come out? No, I am going to have the same opinion as if I downloaded it. I did, and it was awesome.

You aren't ruining it for yourself by downloading it, you are simply stealing music. It's not going to be any different for you whether you download it or buy the CD.

IMO as long as you plan to buy the CD, download it and listen to it. You are getting it a month earlier.
I have to be honest and agree here.

You download a cd, you have a bunch of files on your hdd. You buy a cd, you get the whole package, artwork, lyrics, pics etc etc, plus the excitement of opening it, thinking omg omg and putting it on for the first time... seriously, you cannot compare the two. ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADS IT IS A FUCKSTAIN.

You buy a cd, you get the whole package, artwork, lyrics, pics etc etc, plus the excitement of opening it, thinking omg omg and putting it on for the first time... seriously, you cannot compare the two. ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADS IT IS A FUCKSTAIN.

Its not like we're not going to buy it so we will get the whole package aswell, except its not the firts time we hear it, and some of us maybe dont care about that this time.

I dont get why some get aggrevated with people who decides to download it but obviously is going to buy it when its released, what does it matter to you?

Its not like we're not going to buy it so we will get the whole package aswell, except its not the firts time we hear it, and some of us maybe dont care about that this time.

I dont get why some get aggrevated with people who decides to download it but obviously is going to buy it when its released, what does it matter to you?

Exactly. If someone doesn't share your personal preferences aout something, does that mean they're "A FUCKSTAIN"? Very mature.

Sometimes I download an album before I buy it, sometimes I don't. Nightmares Made Flesh I bought without d/ling it first, both of Opeth's new albums I've downloaded first and listened to them 30-40 times before the CD came out...and what happened when the record was released? I bought the album ASAP, and was the happiest man in the world for getting to finally own the CD - with all the artwork, lyrics etc that you've talked about. So does this make me a fuckstain? You should think before you speak.

Well I didn't mean that anyone who downloads it has a sperm bank in his rectum, I just think that it ruins the whole experience of getting the album. If it doesn't for others, ok I suppose.

Exactly. If someone doesn't share your personal preferences aout something, does that mean they're "A FUCKSTAIN"? Very mature.

Sometimes I download an album before I buy it, sometimes I don't. Nightmares Made Flesh I bought without d/ling it first, both of Opeth's new albums I've downloaded first and listened to them 30-40 times before the CD came out...and what happened when the record was released? I bought the album ASAP, and was the happiest man in the world for getting to finally own the CD - with all the artwork, lyrics etc that you've talked about. So does this make me a fuckstain? You should think before you speak.
Exactly, I will (pre-)order it the second I can, as I have always done and always will, because I want to. I buy everything I like (and more).

I've said it before and I'l say it again.
Isnt it a bigger spoiler to listen to a few samples 10 times than to listen to the whole album before getting the disc?

I bet many of the people complaining about "downloading ruins the experience" will listen to the official samples.
I remember when the samples from the EP was released, there wasnt many people who didnt listen to them.

I don't get how a private person could be on the anti-piracy side of things. Neither the individual or the band has shit to loose on downloading as long as the records are bought anyway, which they in this case will. The only ones losing on piracy are large corporations and already rich artists.

I really think the people who say not to download have downloaded albums before their release date, so honestly, shush. If you like it, buy it, if not then delete the files and case closed.

And just for the hell of it...

dwetmojpg.gif

Opening your presents before christmas means shit all for you on christmas day. The day itself + the gifts is what people love about it. Not one without the other, so have your opinions but I plan on making the absolute most out of this release.

I always find my presents in closets or whatever before Christmas, and all it does is make me more excited to actually physically get them in my hands on the day :D Same goes for music! As someone mentioned, Watershed I got right when it leaked, listened to it like 40 times, then bought the special edition. This horse has been beaten to death but downloading music does not kill sales, the only people who won't buy it after downloading are the people who wouldn't have bought it in the first place. The problem isn't people downloading it, if it is a big problem, go after the people that LEAK it.

The Christmas day argument is pretty crappy imo.
You don`t have anything for the day it comes out, but who cares, you already got it and have had the chance to enjoy it for even longer. +1.

And on top of that, when you get it on your `Christmas Day` you are not going to sit and masturbate to the artwork. You are going to put the CD in and listen.
The artwork is like the bonus to the music, not the opposite. Therefore, I will get the damn music now that it is leaked, and get the damn artwork when it`s released, so I will have had the time to enjoy the music then I can masturbate to the artwork while you have to listen! MUAAHAHAH!

Generally I just prefer the real deal over a bunch of files in a folder, but that's probably me being conservative, I happen to be one of the few with the album-ideal (thinking about it, the album has had an extremely short life compared to music in general, not yet 100 years and already sorta moving out of here)

I'd also like to add that the "obviously I'll buy it when it comes out" is a valid concept, but do you all really do it? I've had many albums downloaded and then never bought, cus I already sort of have them and I might need to save money for something else, and I have 500+ CDs in my shelf, which is a fairly big collection. I'd imagine someone less "album geeky" to actually miss out on the whole "buy it later" thing just as much as I do. Just my five cents.