Bloodbath

Took me awhile to pick up Bloodbath too. But wow!

So if Dan is moving to guitars, does that mean Anders is out? Jonas is still playing bass? I'm confused.

Risquit said:
Took me awhile to pick up Bloodbath too. But wow!

So if Dan is moving to guitars, does that mean Anders is out? Jonas is still playing bass? I'm confused.

Line-Up:

Peter Tägtgren - Vocals
Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström - Guitars
Dan Swanö - Guitars
Jonas Renkse - Bass
Martin “Axe” Axenrot – Drums

I'm liking RTC a bit better so far, but that's probably just because it's had more time to sink in. I know the new album's faster and probably techically better, but RTC has more memorable songwriting if you ask me. I'll give it some time when the album comes out.

To clear up the lineup: Anders and Dan split the guitars, and I think they did a pretty good job. In listening to RTC again yesterday, I realised Dan's drumming isn't that bad after all. It's not as fast as a lot of extreme metal bands, but hey. There are a lot of great songs on that cd.

Dan mentioned on his forum that Mike contributed one lyric line to Bloodbath: "know me as the Soulcollector" at the end of the Soullcollector. Good contribution if you ask me.

zeroMaximum said:
I bought Infestdead's 'Jesusatan' today, sounds kind of like Bloodbath but with more of an anti-christianity theme. I like it :)

Hey, I just bought this last week. Though I'd had it for a year or 2 before on the computer. Good cd, but I never thought it sounded much like Bloodbath. More like some american death metal.

I've heard the entire new Bloodbath album and it kicks ass. Peter Tagtren does some amazing vocals even if you're a die-hard Mikael fan you can't deny it.

From the same dude that posted the first link on here to a new Bloodbath track(me), I now give you some good news (though a few days late):

PSL:
Is Bloodbath strictly a studio project or is there a possibility of seeing you play live at some point?
Jonas Renkse:
"I think now that we've done two full-length album and we heard the recent demands for us playing live. We have been talking about and I think it all comes down to the members different schedules. Every one in the band got other bands but we are definitely going to try our best to play live maybe not a full tour but at least some gigs sometime next year hopefully".

PSL:
So Bloodbath is a band that we can expect more from in the future?
Jonas Renkse:
"Yeah, I hope so… That's what I hope for because I'm dying to play this kinda music live I've never done it so it would be killer".

PSL:
What are your own plans at the moment? Do you have anything new on the drawing board?
Jonas Renkse:
"My plans right now are that we're going to focus on doing the new Katatonia record this winter and hopefully next year play some live shows with Bloodbath which would be awesome but also a lot of touring with Katatonia".

for the full interview

http://www.antenna.nu/bloodbath/interview1.php

:hotjump: this is in my view one of the best death metal album in 2004. and i personnaly think this album is better (a lot) than rtc. You,ve got songs for every kinds of death metal fans and some big hits ( if I can say it that way) especially tracks 01,02 and 04. And even akerfeldt loves it :hotjump: