Blooddrunk US Tour w/ TBDM & BTBAM

Just got back from Bodom tonight in Orlando. Was right in the front, in front of Roope and it couldn't have been better :kickass: He saw my Stone shirt and gave me thumbs up. Also caught Jaska's drum stick at the end. They played a great surprising good setlist. Surprised us with saying "Haven't played these before..." (probably meant in Florida :lol:) and then busted out Children of Decadence and Bed of Razor's which were both oh so nice. Good show. Grand Show. Amazing weekend.

i never figured my frist time seein COB would be such a fucked up moshfest.

My asian friend who works for the Blue Man group said that he saw Alexi in the back of the HRL when he was on break. He was on the phone with me n i hung up on him...then he told me that he was gonna get an autograph but anyway....i hung up the phone while he had a chance to say something to them...biggest mistake i made lol.

What did Alexi say about playing on a Sunday?

COB blog post:

Monday, September 15, 2008

Message From Henkka

The first headlining tour in the States since 2006. We are excited!!! Our first time in Baltimore was really cool. Of course we didn't expect anything but there were people and the crowd was great!! Thanks for that. McNulty didnt show up tho...

And the show in Masquerade Atlanta was one of the hottest we have experienced ever. Really. It was difficult for us, but I bet it was difficult for the crowd too. But we pulled it off somehow and it was sweaty and intense. Just the way I like it!

Now we are heading to Texas, hope there are no hurricanes coming our way. Looking forward to play the new venue in Dallas, and also to hang out more with the Black Dahlia and Between guys later on, not enough parties yet, but I m sure we ll fix that!

Talk to u later,

Henkka

god was the masquerade show hot...and tiring....

GameFreac- when you went to sit down was it back by that bar where the merch booth was? my friend and i both had to go sitdown as well when they had the last few songs and thats where we sat....just out of curiosity...lol

but the show was awesome but brutal, my girlfriend and i wanted to get up to the front during bodom so we had started making our way up there during black dahlia...after bodom started it turned to mayhem...i got kicked in the head by some stupid bitch crowd surfing, and my girlfriend got hit in the face 3 times....it was still a blast though.

when we were waiting outside unknown to myself my girlfriend and my friend, the singer for black dahlia was standing right next to us the entire time talking to some friends of his. and while we were waiting outside we called henkka's and jaska's names as they walked by and got some horns from them...when ur as obsessed as my girlfriend and i...thats beyond amazing...but when we were inside i saw alexi's guitar tech and said hey and shook his hand, he seemed very suprised that i knew who he was. but when he came back through he had alexi with him...of course we were sitting there with our mouths agape...seeing as how alexi was less than a foot away from me...all i could manage to say was "whats up alexi" he just said "whats up dude"

lol i imagine for people that have actually met and just others in general them you think i'm retarded for getting so worked up over just saying hey...lol but i'm not going to lie he's my absolute idol and has been for 5 years...so its a big deal to me

also got to meet the guitarist from between the buried and me, he was pretty cool

anyway sorry for the lengthy post

Just got back from Bodom tonight in Orlando. Was right in the front, in front of Roope and it couldn't have been better :kickass: He saw my Stone shirt and gave me thumbs up. Also caught Jaska's drum stick at the end. They played a great surprising good setlist. Surprised us with saying "Haven't played these before..." (probably meant in Florida :lol:) and then busted out Children of Decadence and Bed of Razor's which were both oh so nice. Good show. Grand Show. Amazing weekend.

Hey buddy ! I was also in front of the stage, right in front of Alexi ! it couldn't have been better !!

I don't remember all the songs they played (i was a bit drunk, lol), but the usual as well. they played Banned from Heaven !! amazing song live. nothing interesting happened. but that was a great night !

Grand Show great night.the Black Dahlia Murder&BTBAM were amazing. I was somewhere in the front for COB.It wasgreatness to hear Follow the Reaper,Hate Crew Deathroll,Banned from Heaven,Children of Decadence,and Bed of Razorz. I diden't notice Alexi's new tatoo myself somehow.

god was the masquerade show hot...and tiring....

GameFreac- when you went to sit down was it back by that bar where the merch booth was? my friend and i both had to go sitdown as well when they had the last few songs and thats where we sat....just out of curiosity...lol

but the show was awesome but brutal, my girlfriend and i wanted to get up to the front during bodom so we had started making our way up there during black dahlia...after bodom started it turned to mayhem...i got kicked in the head by some stupid bitch crowd surfing, and my girlfriend got hit in the face 3 times....it was still a blast though.

when we were waiting outside unknown to myself my girlfriend and my friend, the singer for black dahlia was standing right next to us the entire time talking to some friends of his. and while we were waiting outside we called henkka's and jaska's names as they walked by and got some horns from them...when ur as obsessed as my girlfriend and i...thats beyond amazing...but when we were inside i saw alexi's guitar tech and said hey and shook his hand, he seemed very suprised that i knew who he was. but when he came back through he had alexi with him...of course we were sitting there with our mouths agape...seeing as how alexi was less than a foot away from me...all i could manage to say was "whats up alexi" he just said "whats up dude"

lol i imagine for people that have actually met and just others in general them you think i'm retarded for getting so worked up over just saying hey...lol but i'm not going to lie he's my absolute idol and has been for 5 years...so its a big deal to me

also got to meet the guitarist from between the buried and me, he was pretty cool

anyway sorry for the lengthy post
nah dude, you're not alone. When I met alexi, I acted like a complete idiot. I told him he was my idol, altho I never meant to say that, it just came out unexpectedly. Then I asked if I could take a pic with him, so I gave my friend my phone and it took her forever to figure out to work the camera on there, so me and Alexi stood there posing for like 2 whole minutes, haha. then after saying thanks, I was like, "hey alexi, can I just shake your hand...you're my hero" so we shook hands and i was like "i really hope to share the stage with you some day" and he was just like, "yeah, that's cool. rock on." like you know he doesn't really care. but it means so much to you, you don't even give a fuck. anywayy...that was my alexi experience :p hopefully I'll meet Roope this friday.

Hey buddy ! I was also in front of the stage, right in front of Alexi ! it couldn't have been better !!

I don't remember all the songs they played (i was a bit drunk, lol), but the usual as well. they played Banned from Heaven !! amazing song live. nothing interesting happened. but that was a great night !
you were in the front? that's awesome! hope you didn't get too many bruises. good to know you had a blast :)

nah dude, you're not alone. When I met alexi, I acted like a complete idiot. I told him he was my idol, altho I never meant to say that, it just came out unexpectedly. Then I asked if I could take a pic with him, so I gave my friend my phone and it took her forever to figure out to work the camera on there, so me and Alexi stood there posing for like 2 whole minutes, haha. then after saying thanks, I was like, "hey alexi, can I just shake your hand...you're my hero" so we shook hands and i was like "i really hope to share the stage with you some day" and he was just like, "yeah, that's cool. rock on." like you know he doesn't really care. but it means so much to you, you don't even give a fuck. anywayy...that was my alexi experience :p hopefully I'll meet Roope this friday.

:lol: least you got to shake hands and take a pic with him,when I met bodom at the Dublin signing I was so stunned that I wasn't looking at a picture of them or watching a video, that they were actually sitting there in front of me,that I literaly forgot to shake their hands! Roope was by far the soundest of the lot I thought though,was the only one that looked genuinely happy to see me :lol: Him and Janne posed for a pic I got of a friend which was quite decent of them considering people were queueing behind me. Roope recognised me during the gig and gave me a high-5 from the stage too. Meant fuck all to him but I still smile my head off when I remember it! Hope you meet him Friday,he's a legend!

:lol: least you got to shake hands and take a pic with him,when I met bodom at the Dublin signing I was so stunned that I wasn't looking at a picture of them or watching a video, that they were actually sitting there in front of me,that I literaly forgot to shake their hands! Roope was by far the soundest of the lot I thought though,was the only one that looked genuinely happy to see me :lol: Him and Janne posed for a pic I got of a friend which was quite decent of them considering people were queueing behind me. Roope recognised me during the gig and gave me a high-5 from the stage too. Meant fuck all to him but I still smile my head off when I remember it! Hope you meet him Friday,he's a legend!

Yeah, Roope is just an amazing guy. He's truly the man.

When I met Alexi after a Gigantour show, he was really nice to me too. It was really late, and you could tell he got up just to see the people waiting by the buses. It really seemed like he genuinely cared, or at least enough to come out and make the fans happy even when he was probably tired as hell.

I'm sure it gets exhausting though, to be him. You can't blame him if he's not super excited 100% of the time. He obviously gets the most attention, regardless of if he wants it. So I'm sure his patience and energy gets worn down the most. He's only human.

haha, that's awesome. yeah, Roope does seem like a very genuine person.

Yeah, Roope is just an amazing guy. He's truly the man.

When I met Alexi after a Gigantour show, he was really nice to me too. It was really late, and you could tell he got up just to see the people waiting by the buses. It really seemed like he genuinely cared, or at least enough to come out and make the fans happy even when he was probably tired as hell.

I'm sure it gets exhausting though, to be him. You can't blame him if he's not super excited 100% of the time. He obviously gets the most attention, regardless of if he wants it. So I'm sure his patience and energy gets worn down the most. He's only human.

which Gigantour show was this? I met Alexi at the Long Beach one this past May. but I met him outside by the tour bus while Megadeth was playing. And I completely understand him being unfriendly sometimes, it's no doubt that he's tired; and especially hearing the same old things from fans must get really annoying.

which Gigantour show was this? I met Alexi at the Long Beach one this past May. but I met him outside by the tour bus while Megadeth was playing. And I completely understand him being unfriendly sometimes, it's no doubt that he's tired; and especially hearing the same old things from fans must get really annoying.

I was at the San Diego one, actually.

The night I met him, it was after the whole show, at about 1:30am. It was just me and a handful of other people, but he came out anyway. I couldn't believe it. What made it amazing though was that Alexi wasn't just like "Hey. Cool, thanks." and moved onto someone else, he actually had a full on conversation with me. We talked about how lame security is at metal shows now, and he talked about how he promised to come back in the fall (which they have), and then we talked about The Big Lebowski, which we apparently both love. The whole time he was genuinely interested and friendly. I thanked him for coming out even though it was really early, and he said it was no problem. It honestly made me respect him even more.

Yeah,I know,even though I'm a total Alexifangirl I really tried to tone it down so's not to freak him out during the signing! I'm sure he gets tired of hyper fans demanding his attention all the time. I'm not blameing him for that.

I really think it's lousy that the rest of the band don't get more attention though. I happen to really like all the members of cob but just couldn't help spending that extra bit of time with Alexi and even when I moved onto Jaska I was still staring at him! I don't even remember meeting Jaska,which I really regret now cos he's an excellent musician and just cause it prolly makes the rest of the band feel less appreciated and all if everyone spends all their time gawking at and talking to Alexi..

I virtually jumped on him as he was walking round the ship with his girlfriend on the Spinefeast cruise and asked him to sign a t-shirt, but he was really cool about it, getting down on the floor to sign it and then agreeing to having his photo taken with me, and thanking us for coming over from London to the gig - he was completely unpretentious, patient and nice.

The first time I met Alexi I was all hyper fan boy like I am, it was funny though because It was at a Sinergy signing in 2005 and he said he liked my t-shirt, which was "smoke crack and worship satan". I instantly just started babbling about how he's my idol and how he has the same tshirt in the HCDR cover, but he was super cool about it. I met Roope about 3 times that weekend and he was with Lorri Porra and we kept stopping and talking to him and he was really nice (also really drunk.)

But I agree that the other band members dont get the admiration they deserve, when I first saw Bodom in 2003 I met Henkka and Alexander and they were so cool. and At Wacken this year me and a friend were standing in the queue for the signing and we knew we were too far back to get in to the actual signing area, but because of the way the queue was when you were at certain parts you were pretty much standing right infront of the band. (you would understand if you were there) but yeah anyway when we were closest to the band we kept singing at them like shouting "ROOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEE, JAAAAAAAAAASSSKKAAAA" and saluting them, the guys started laughing at us and saluting back and giving us horns. We didnt actually meet the band that time but we got all of them to wave/salute/horns at us just by shouting at them. It was worth the hour and a half wait.

I could go on about the other times I've met them but I'm lacking the ability to string sentances together coherently atm. Stupid hangover :p

COBHC for life :rofl: