Bloodstockers! Who In The Hell Are You?

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
A slight bit of a rip off from the 'I buy you a pint - I know you forum' thread

A bit shitty unoriginal boring stuff to do really but it needs to be done as we've had a lot of new folk start posting on here recently. Maybe it's a bit late in the day to be doing this seeing as the forum is going to move soon but when it does eventually move then we can do it all again and improve it.

Here's what you gotta do:

Name:

What Sort Of Metal Are You into:

What Do You Love In Metal:

What Do You Hate In Metal:

1st Ever Metal Gig:

Best Ever Metal Gig:

Name: Glyn

Power, Traditional mostly. Also partial to a bit of thrash and progressive.

Loyal fans, Denim and Leather, Diversity (only within the genres I like), Screaming Vocals, Passionate Music, Monster Riffs, Bombastic Choruses, Cheesy Guitar Solos, Synchronized Headbanging, and the fact that it cannot be killed!

Kerrang for trying to kill metal, Nu Metal, Most Punk, Most Grunge, Baggy jeans with frayed bottoms that are covered in dog shit, most alternative metal. Ozzfelch and Downbored!

1st Ever Metal Gig: Armoured Heart + Sapphire at Hull City Hall mid 80s

Best Ever Metal Gig: Possibly Bloodstock 02

James
into opera and gothic metal
I love the Lyrics, devoted fans, and heart pumping emotional music
Dont really hate much about metal, if anything just the silly sterotypes
First gig kind of embrassing to say Coal Chamber when i was 14/15 odd
Best gig Nightwish in London

Sorry no picture i dont look metal enough

Name:
Redfern

Power, classic and gothic

The cheese the hair the leather the power chords being a minority not having to go to them stupid nightclubs to here my favorite music

Punk NU Metal kids who listen to that crap and think its the real deal people who think the darkness are trying something original carp kerang so call metal fests (Limp Dick isn't metal)

1st Ever Metal Gig:
Mr Bungle

Best Ever Metal Gig:
Bloodstock 03 (meeting Nightwish and Blaze)

Pic of me! Look in the fans section on the bloodstock pics I’m one of them

Name: Noj

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: black/death/power/grind/thrash

What Do You Love In Metal: Burning! Death, Destruction! Raping The Daughters And The Wives!

What Do You Hate In Metal: Liars/Fakes/goths/nu-metallers.

1st Ever Metal Gig: Can't remember...

Best Ever Metal Gig: Bloodstock of course!

my_padded_cell_5130240.jpg

Name: Mark

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Power/Thrash/Heavy/Epic/Melodic/Speed/Symphonic/Progressive/Opera/Death/Doom/Black and anything else that has real metal bands in!!!

What Do You Love In Metal: Lyrics, The fact that the musicians are very talented, the lifestyle, the gigs, the other metal fans, the catchy riffs, the melodic solos, the ballads, the epics, the crunchy heavy riffs, Galloping thrashy riffs, Double bass drums, the bass in prog metal is amazing!Just everything relating to true metal really!

What Do You Hate In Metal: Nu-metal, wannabe metalers, goths who dress like that just to be goths and think they have to be depressed all the time, Sad metalers who give proper metalers bad names, people who call themselves metalheads yet listen to funeral for a friend!!! (someone I know went to the maiden gig just to see ffaf...stupid bastard!)

1st Ever Metal Gig: Iron Maiden 2001 in London (I think thats the right year!)
I have been to metal gigs before that but I was young and the bands I seen were shit so i'm not counting them. hehehe

Best Ever Metal Gig: Bloodstock 2003. Just because it was made into 2 days which for me made it 100% better. 02 would be close 2nd...then 3rd,4th n 5th are the 3 times i've seen maiden live! :headbang:

Well theres shit pics of me from ages ago on faceparty and like i just said in previous post my pc has just been wiped clean so i've lost everything now...i'll have to get one posted up when i get everything sorted out etc!

Name: jonathan Davies (Unfortunate I know...)

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Power - Trad - Prog -Thrash - NWOBHM - Bits of Black/Death - Plenty of other stuff without genre im sure...

What Do You Love In Metal: The community! - Hair - That smug feeling you get when you see someone in trousers that could house a family of Ethopians - Cheese - Homoerotic muscly, greased up, loincloth wearing men!

What Do You Hate In Metal: In metal!? Nothing! Out of metal... Big Trousers - any thing that feature the word 'remix' - Licsenced establishments that dont sell ale! - Any genre of music that i with my verylimited musical skills could create, i.e. Punk, Nu-Metal, Dance Music, All that other crap... - People who think they are metal but upon closer inspection reveal themselves to be utter wankers...

1st Ever Metal Gig: Its sad to say but i was seriously under nourished in metal until... Bloodstock 03! yes, twas my first metal gig...

Best Ever Metal Gig: Well it did rule rather so id say it was also the best!

Glyn i must say you look so different to how i imagined... your avatar looks quite dfferent to the other pictures... Nice Ray shirt BTW!

Name: Sam Bloomfield (nice, no?)

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Power, Progressive, Symphonic, Complicated stuff. I do have a few albums that span the spectrum though, I like at least one band of every type.

What Do You Love In Metal: Definately the community, Arguing with my mate Jono up there, THE HAIR, beer, epicness, losing it to super-riffs, the comedy aspect of it all and having a good time, and I suppose the fact I know I like the best genre in the world :)

What Do You Hate In Metal: As Jonoleth already put, plus the insanity of Stratovarius, a severe lack of Matt Barlow, and the fact there is only one Bloodstock a year.

1st Ever Metal Gig: Bloodstock '02

Best Ever Metal Gig: Bloodstock '03 because I was with my girlfriend (that's the kinda thing you have to put to keep things sweet)

--***if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself***--

Or if you don't have a picture to put up except a scanned in buss pass photo from 3 years ago... don't bother!

Name Mike Mullins

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Heavy/Thrash/Death/Power/Black Metal

What Do You Love In Metal: Guitar solos, Keeping it true, The epicness of power metal and the fact that the metal scene is the best in the world and the friendliest. Patch jackets, leather, spikes, studded belts, headbanging!

What Do You Hate In Metal: Nu metal, people who will listen to something just cos they think its cool and not give a fuck bout the band, Narrow minded fools

1st Ever Metal Gig: Donnington 96

Best Ever Metal Gig: Iron Maiden all four times and Kiss at donnington 96

if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself
kingmulkofmetal_4967029.jpg

Me bout a year ago

:)

Name: Charlie, Chaz

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Prog-Metal, Power-Metal, Goth-Metal, some Death Metal, some NWOBHM, Classic/Hard Rock, classic Punk, good AOR/Melodic Rock. Not really a huge fan of Thrash, Tech/Math-Metal or Black Metal

The guitars, the solos, the posing, the cheese

All this 'true' bollocks - true metal, true black metal etc. Metal fans are enough of a minority as it is without further dividing ourselves up into fans of this genre and that.

Hair Metal - a slick marketing gimmick used to sell vaguely rock records to young impressionable women, based upon hairspray, lipstick and ballads. May it NEVER return!

1st Ever Metal Gig: Blue Oyster Cult @ Manchester Free Trade Hall, around 75 or 76

Best Ever Metal Gig: probably one of the many Dream Theater gigs I've been too

me-in-a-suit.jpg

Name: Lee

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Any I think is good....there are only two types of music...good and bad (subjective of course)

What Do You Love In Metal:The diversity, the fact you can still see it played live,and of course the rubber, pvc, leather and fishnet clad laydees.

What Do You Hate In Metal: The elitism, the inabilty to accept/respect other genres of music...some good examples of these traits above!!!

1st Ever Metal Gig:Donington '88

Best Ever Metal Gig: Kiss at the NEC in full makeup was a dream come true!! Other highlights include Dream Theater doing SFAM, Clash of the Titans (Slayer/Megadeth/Testament/Suicidal Tendencies!!)

if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself........obviously I'm not!!

Name: Lisa

What sort of metal are you into: I'm quite open minded about what I listen to but mainly I love power, progressive, thrash and traditional!

What do you love in metal: The sense of community, great grinding riffs that catch you right in your solar plexus, seeing it all live and synchronised headbanging live a la Gamma Ray, Edguy and Primal Fear! I love all the fantasy stuff too...dragons, demons and wizards.

What do you hate in metal: Like Lee...the elitism! Surely slightly metal is better than not at all! Live and let live I say!

1st Metal Gig: Not sure if my first was metal.....more rock...I'll tell you the first two! UFO at the Middlesbrough Town Hall in 1980 followed by Saxon at Newcastle City Hall in 1981.

Best Ever Metal Gig: Bloodstock 02. The Rays were awesome! Best live band I have ever seen and I saw my favourite band Blind Guardian and met my favourite man Andre Olbrich! :D Ohhh...and Kai Hansen personally presented me with his guitar pick! :D I now carry it everywhere with me!

Pic: Unfortunately Eagle has posted a pic of me without my approval!

BTW I actually do know his age!! :D

Even though I'm not new :

Name: Mike

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Opera, Thrash, Death, Prog, Heavy

What Do You Love In Metal: Tarja from Nightwish! *rowr*

What Do You Hate In Metal: Miss K from Stratovarius! *egads*

1st Ever Metal Gig: Bwahahaa. This is going to sound so lame. Some shite punk concert my "friends" made me go to.

Best Ever Metal Gig: Once again, very lame. Probably Nu-Metal twatheads Spineshank, I seem to remember them being the best of Download 2003 :S

if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself.

I'm not Metal enough. I'm only 30% metal, and 70% plastic.

Name: Vince ' stock

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Heavy (thats all that needs to be said!)

What Do You Love In Metal: Riffs, Vocals, Priest, Melody, Priest, Vocals, Riffs and Babes!

What Do You Hate In Metal: The older classic bands are getting old! Oh and not too keen on Death style vocals and metal bands who play songs that all sound the same! Oh and as someone else wrote, the division of metal - nu, goth, death, thrash, power, true (true - wtf is this?). Its all bloody HEAVY METAL to me!

1st Ever Metal Gig: Van Halen - Rainbow Theatre, London - 1979

Best Ever Metal Gig: Van Halen - Rainbow Theatre, London - 1979 then Bloodstock 2004, oh and possibly a band I saw a few days ago.

Name: Dan

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: thrash/death/black/viking

What Do You Love In Metal:babes/fast drums & guitars ... just that feeling that metal gives me

What Do You Hate In Metal:stupid true/pureist metallers ... how can see beyond their own cd collection .. or arnt willing to even try

1st Ever Metal Gig:Metallica Birmingham NEC '92ish

Best Ever Metal Gig:Wacken 2002 / Pain @meanfiddler 2002

if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself
dan_raven_big.jpg

bloodstock said:
What Do You Love In Metal: Riffs, Vocals, Priest, Melody, Priest, Vocals, Riffs and Babes!
And you still didn't book them for this year? Hell you could have blown the entire festival budget on them alone and filled the rest up with a bunch of unknowns and I'd still have been in heaven. Oh well, maybe next year... :)

Name: Tet

What Sort Of Metal Are You into: Mostly trad and power metal, although my tastes are heading a bit towards the more extreme at the moment -- melodic black metal is well worth a listen these days.

What Do You Love In Metal: Ermm.... the music? Screaming twin guitar leads, soaring vocals, chugging riffs. The adreneline rush at a good gig.

What Do You Hate In Metal: Nothing. What I call "metal" has nothing to hate. If it's in Kerrang!, then it's probably not metal... (that said, apparently they gave "Devil's Ground" a 5K rating!)

1st Ever Metal Gig: Yngwie + Quireboys in 1988, I think.

Best Ever Metal Gig: So many to choose from, but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be W.A.S.P. at Rock City in 1997.

if you're Metal enough you'll also include a pic of yourself:

01c.jpg