Bob Rock/VH?

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
From melodicrock.com:
VAN HALEN BEST OF VOLUME 2 MOST LIKELY NEXT RELEASE:
More Van Halen rumors this week. I've had a little fresh info from one of my sources, which mirrors two other bits of info that have been mentioned elsewhere in the past week.
A newspaper in Canada has revealed information gathered at a recent Rock & Hyde reunion show (producer/musician Bob Rock and partner Paul Hyde). According to British Columbia paper The Providence, Bob Rock has been tapped as the producer of 3 new tracks for a Sammy Hagar fronted Van Halen.
The 3 tracks would appear on a new Greatest Hits release.
That's where my info comes in...I have been told that Van Halen Best Of Volume 2 will be the most likely next VH release - made more likely in light of the Canadian report (viewable at [url]www.rebeccabooth.com/VH_article.jpg[/url] Scan by Mike Booth - thanks Mike for the scan and link.).
Apparently the Best Of Volume 2 is being put together as a first step towards making sure the band can work together still, without any issues from the past interfering.
I am also told that this release would enable the band to do some live dates in 2004 without doing a full blown tour. If the reunion works, then a new studio album and full tour will follow.
And lastly, I hear that an announcement is imminent. Maybe straight after the new year - everything was apparently to be decided and put in place by the end of this year - fast approaching.
That's what I have folks....take it as a rumor for now, but official news can't be too far away.

2004 will be the year, I tell you! VH shall come out of the VH3 ashes and rise again! Bob Rock....I have mixed emotions. I think he could do them good, especially if he got Ed to go for a "raw" sound like Metallica did on St. Anger. Just forget all the technicality and GO FOR IT! It could be another VH I or VH II with Hagar on vox! But there's GOTTA BE SOLOS, dammit! I hope Bob's not against a little whammy bar abuse and huuuuuuuuuuuuge solos. I'm all about solos. I suspect it was Bob who truly kept Hammett from wailing on St. Anger.
I dunno.
But there's hope!
Ted

All musicians are out for money. Some are just greedy. I hope that Rock does something with some "boom" to it with Van Halen. It's a perfect match. Remember the sounds off the MC '94 disc? How about the Cult's Sonic Temple? Or Metallica's Black record. All of those are the "classics." I would ask for his head & Van Halen's if they pulled a "St. Anger!"

Bob Rock is a fantastic producer, he got simply amazing results on the Black album and Motley's Dr. Feelgood (what an improvement over Theater & Girls!) and then there's the Bon Jovi stuff he did....

I don't know where he went wrong on St Anger as well as Metallica's other recent stuff. People blame Bob Rock but I blame Metallica. The band is ultimately in charge of their musical direction, not the producer.

Bob Rock produce Van Halen? That's a bad idea.
Bob Rock destroys bands. Let me put it to you like this....

Beer is Beer before Bob Rock gets his hands on it.
After you let Bob gets his hands on beer, he turns it into Zima.

There are a number of REAL ROCK producers out there who can do this.
Hasnt Bob Rock done enough damage in the music world?

JUST SAY NO!

-OfficerNice

OfficerNice said:
Bob Rock produce Van Halen? That's a bad idea.
Bob Rock destroys bands. Let me put it to you like this....

Beer is Beer before Bob Rock gets his hands on it.
After you let Bob gets his hands on beer, he turns it into Zima.

There are a number of REAL ROCK producers out there who can do this.
Hasnt Bob Rock done enough damage in the music world?

JUST SAY NO!

-OfficerNice
I disagree. The only band that he's had a and in destroying is Metallica!
And I think they would have gone in the directions they have gone with or with out Bob Rock. He's hasn't Damaged CRUE, THE CULT, and he's even added something to that little pop band from Jearsey!

i was only discussing the other night with my bro about setting up a bob rock must die web site.sorry for anyone who likes him,and i know he's done great work with the cult et al,but my simple equation was that metallica were gods,got bob rock in,and became shit.everything past justice for me (with a couple of songs as exceptions)just doesnt come up to scratch when compared to justice and before.saw them live two days ago-they played 5 songs post justice era and 20 from before.says it all.bobrockmustdie.

sixxswine said:
And I think they would have gone in the directions they have gone with or with out Bob Rock. He's hasn't Damaged CRUE, THE CULT, and he's even added something to that little pop band from Jearsey!

I'd disagree about the Cult. The Cult songs before him were much much
better. That's my opinion.

My 2 Cents,
OfficerNice

sixxswine said:

You mean Bon Jovi? Well, we'd only agree to disagree there.
Bon Jovi's always sucked. Bob Rock couldn't help them in any way.
Bon Jovi was never metal. Bon Jovi was never old school.
Yuck.

My 2 Cents,
OfficerNice

As the Linus said in "The Great Pumpkin"....

"If there's one thing I've learned it's never to discuss politics, religion, or the existance of the Great Pumpkin".

Well, I think the TRUE statement is, never discuss BOB ROCK, METALLICA or the MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
Everyone has their own opinion and nobody will be happy until everything recorded in music sounds just like KILL EM ALL.

phucital!
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
As the Linus said in "The Great Pumpkin"....

"If there's one thing I've learned it's never to discuss politics, religion, or the existance of the Great Pumpkin".

Well, I think the TRUE statement is, never discuss BOB ROCK, METALLICA or the MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
Everyone has their own opinion and nobody will be happy until everything recorded in music sounds just like KILL EM ALL.

phucital!
Ted
You are barring Rock/Van Halen/Metallica from this board?!

tedvanfrehley said:
no, not barring from the board, just meaning that there's always a HEATED debate when it comes to bob rock...metallica....van halen... i grow weary from it! hahaha

Now David Lee Roth just fakes his hair color and his hair line.

-OfficerNice

sixxswine said:
Ouch! How true. I'm a Hagar fan anyhow. What about you?

The Roth stuff with Van Halen was really great music.
Not many rock bands are that good in their careers.
I did like some of the early Roth solo stuff but when
David Lee Roth became a charicture of himself that's when
I lost all respect for him. With the Hagar/Roth Tour and
Sammy comes out and says something like "we like go onstage
and party" or whatever and Roth says something like
"Sammy likes to have a party, well I AM THE party" I just
have to shake my head. Roth's pushing 50 and he's acting like
a jackass. I'm down with Sammy. I like his solo material much better.
And he did really good music with Van Halen. If they all reunite, Eddie
and Alex will hopefully check their egos at the door.

-OfficerNice