Bodom in Toronto...

May 1, 2003
I saw them last night at the Kool Haus. They were great but their setlist seemed to be shorter than they're last gig. Then again there were four bands on the bill. Anyway, it was a great show and I met Roope later on. Cool dude. :)

Their setlist as usual, not in order:
Needled 24/7
Sixpounder
Every time I die
Hate crew deathroll
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Downfall

And i'm not sure but I think they played Bodom beach terror.
When Bodom played I was on the front. But there was a lot of big ass motherfuckers on the front so I really had to struggle to see the solos. I almost got a hernia.

Fear factory didn't do it for me, and lamb of god had some interesting moments, nothing big though. My ears are still buzzing and my neck still hurts, so it's all good.

@metal maiden: By your avatar and your signature I can guess that you are going to Megadeth's concert next tuesday, see you there. BTW it's a shame that they won't play "the dread and the fugitive mind" that's one of my favorites songs ever.

plus hate me and yes bodom beach terror. i couldnt be bothered wathcing lamb of god or fear factory so i went and met all the dudes. theyre pretty cool and roope and janne are hilarious.

I went there solely for Bodom and stayed till the end of FF set. :D :D Couldn't bother watching LOG..

The set was okay.. but some songs where WAY too loud than usual to comprehend (at least thats what I thought).. Still.. awesome show.

alexi.jpg

oh.. heres a pic :D

Dieblo said:
@metal maiden: By your avatar and your signature I can guess that you are going to Megadeth's concert next tuesday, see you there. BTW it's a shame that they won't play "the dread and the fugitive mind" that's one of my favorites songs ever.

See ya there...

I agree with you... it would be great to hear them play that song at the T.O. show but I'm not complaining cuz I'm getting a second chance to see this band live and I'm going for it. :)

well after talking with the band everyone basically seemed to confirm a headlining tour in 2005 except for allu, he seemed not so sure of it, but hell they didnt even know that TL&S had been released in Canada yet, even though it was. New album in the fall of next year and I asked Roope about sinergy and he said soemthing about a new album soon. but i could barely understand his drunken rambling, but man hes a funny dude.

I was there, and yea we were talking with the band after the show and they all pretty much said their coming back in 2005 headlining. when i was getting alexi to sign my shit, he saw my kylahullet cd and was like "haha, where the fuck did you get this?" it was cool. Oh yea, they did play bodom beach terror. they opened with silent night, closed with downfall, thats all i remember.

Yeah, it was quite difficult to understand what Roope was saying... but it was funny. I wasn't planning on meeting him and I felt bad for the guys who waited in the cold to meet him cuz he kinda ignored them and signed my ticket and took a pic with me first. :lol: But I'm sure everyone got their autographs when I was gone. :) Can't wait to see the band again next year.

We ended up getting kicked out after Bodom which was fine by me... My friend had some weed and somehow they demanded to search him while we were in the beer area.
They ended up tossing him out, so I gave the fat slob of a security gaurd the finger and she kicked me out too... I made a dramatic exit and kicked a few things over on my way out injuring my foot.

Anyways, we ended up hanging out by the buses, I got Fear Factories singer's autograph and talked with him for a bit.
I left from the group that was surronding him and seen Roope come out the Tour bus, I wasn't sure if it was him or not because no one was going up to him...
I kept looking over and he eventually came up to us and cracked a joke about the people going into the club beside us.
We talked for a bit, and ended up going to my friends car to smoke a joint, after that we talked some more about music, fishing, his tours that he has been... pretty much anything. We hung out for at least an hour.
He invited us in to go see Lamb of God, we got to see the last 4 songs... we just had a beer in the beer area.
When the security gaurd that kicked us out seen us back in he came up looking really angry, he looked like he was gonna beat us up... Roope says "Fuck off man, they are with me" and shows him his backstage pass... The gaurd started asking us questions and we all just told him to get lost :lol:
Overall it was my best concert experience I have ever had in my life, I look forward to seeing Bodom again.

Thanks a lot Roope, for one of the best nights of my life! :)

My friend and I were supposed to go but I didn't get paid early enough so she called the venue the night before and they said there was little to no chance of us getting tickets at the door, and I live about two hours away from Toronto, so I wasn't going to chance it, waste the gas and pay for parking and then not be able to get in, so I didn't go.

Wow, that was one sentence.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know who's Reaper pumpkin is on the Fan Art Gallery? Because it is tattooed on my leg now and I would like to talk to whoever's it is.

AoD said:
My friend and I were supposed to go but I didn't get paid early enough so she called the venue the night before and they said there was little to no chance of us getting tickets at the door, and I live about two hours away from Toronto, so I wasn't going to chance it, waste the gas and pay for parking and then not be able to get in, so I didn't go.

Duude... my bro bought a ticket to the show just when the doors opened.

I wanted to go to that concert to see Lamb Of God but then changed my mind when metal maiden told me that tickets cost 33$. ASSHOLES!