Bodom's recordings....

If bodom wants to do some good stuff, they should re record all the inearth stuff, because that stuff was fucking killer. Production wise, it was extremely raw, but the performance was awesome. (Its just too bad that Alexi took parts from those songs and redid them. such as Talking to the trees(mask of sanity).

As for production, HCDR is the best, but musically, HB + FtR are killer.

I don't care what any black metal fans say, poor recording and production is shit regardless of what style it is. I like emperors, Prometheus, it sounded killer, clean and the progressions both audible and amazing.

But my opinion doesn't matter, I'm only in school to become a recording engineer/producer.....

Yes, I agree. HCDR is the best sounding album. HB and FtR are the best musically.

I think sound quality the albums go like this:

1. HCDR
2. FtR
3. HB
4. SW
5. AYDY?

Something Wild may be more raw than AYDY but atleast the guitars don't sound muddy as fuck!

Silver Incubus said:
If bodom wants to do some good stuff, they should re record all the inearth stuff, because that stuff was fucking killer. Production wise, it was extremely raw, but the performance was awesome. (Its just too bad that Alexi took parts from those songs and redid them. such as Talking to the trees(mask of sanity).

As for production, HCDR is the best, but musically, HB + FtR are killer.

I don't care what any black metal fans say, poor recording and production is shit regardless of what style it is. I like emperors, Prometheus, it sounded killer, clean and the progressions both audible and amazing.

But my opinion doesn't matter, I'm only in school to become a recording engineer/producer.....

I pretty well agree with you there on production. I am still trying to get Nevermore's Enemies of Reality reproduced version. I heard the redone Seed Awakening and man it sounded great.

The Bringer said:
Yes, I agree. HCDR is the best sounding album. HB and FtR are the best musically.

I think sound quality the albums go like this:

1. HCDR
2. FtR
3. HB
4. SW
5. AYDY?

Something Wild may be more raw than AYDY but atleast the guitars don't sound muddy as fuck!

Well from a production standpoint AYDY is pretty good, as a whole, even if the guitars are muddy. That could have been the producer/engineer's doing, and well out of the control of the band. But I have not heard that one mix of FtR, which is apparently better then the one I have. My copy of FtR has way to much in the 500- 4k range and has a harshness to it that isn't on any other bodom album. FtR also has the problem of the kick and bass being in the same freq range and therefore being all muddied up in the mix, which definately isn't the case on HCDR. HB's levels and mix were pretty good, its just the tones of the guitar's are pretty thin, and the tone of the kick and snare are very close, which I don't particularly care for. The bass is low, but there is almost no attack for the bass, which definatly makes it hard to hear Henkka's cool bass lines on that album.

As for HCDR, it was the first bodom album i was like, holy shit, I can hear the bass notes, (and not just the low end/sub freq around 32 hz but the ones around 125. The kick is amazing, its a sound that I'm trying to get in the studio, and the guitar are both ripping and heavy, which is why i think that it sounds the best. Layering is very important if you want to make guitar's sound good. I know that some producers have more then 10 layers of the same guitar part. It just reinforces the sound to make it more full and thick. Same goes for using more then 1 mic to record the same amp to get different colourations of sound from different mics.