Bodom's recordings....

black metal was recoreded with shite equipment but still its the music that matters not the quality of the mp3... well not in black metal anyway.. what am I trying to prove here :zombie:

anwyays great thread :lol:

well isn't ''wasn't'' black metal all about the vocals and image anyway? :p I think burzum recodings where actually decent .. then you got the bands with good recordings like emperor, naglfar, kult ov Azazel.. but yeah most where shite recorded ..

Lake_Laiho said:
well isn't ''wasn't'' black metal all about the vocals and image anyway? :p I think burzum recodings where actually decent .. then you got the bands with good recordings like emperor, naglfar, kult ov Azazel.. but yeah most where shite recorded ..
i wouldn't accuse emperor recordings of sounding good...

Final_Product said:
Emperor are pretty ace, Naglfar's latest, "Pariah" - I like alot too. Burzum, I've warmed to.
don't get me wrong, emperor's music is great imo, i really enjoy them, but their production is shite. it sounds like they took the final mix and put reverb all over it, its really bad...

I like Naglfar's productions, really. Some good music that I can actually hear.
Live they are a joke, mainly due to the vocalist, who looks very very constipated during the entire set, wearing his evil gr1m zipper garbage bag.

I honestly find this thread beyond hilarious.

HateCrewDeathroll started with a great post about his concerns. Everyone stated their opinion and HCDr just BLASTED everyone to pieces.

First: AYDY? is not their best work. I think Alexi is attempting to keep the Bodom sound as close as possible but quickly sending it spinning into Mainstream-Maddness.

But I agree, TLASO and Knuckleduster had awesome sounds. If CoBHC took the time to mix AYDY? like that EP then the album probably would have been amazing. But they chose not to and that was a huge mistake.

Your concerns I can't answer.

I love black metal and the "shittiness" of the quality of the sound.

And don't EVER say "fuckin Canadians....."

Just look at who runs your country. It takes 51% of the voting population to be complete MORONS to allow him in office... TWICE.

Heavenscent said:
The keyboard part starting at 0:44, the main melody. Nintendo melodies. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love those songs, but I'm only saying that most of their music is based on 'happy' melodies. That's all.

yeah but there's nothing happy in the main melody imo:loco: and nothing gay in the keyboard part either. Happy melodies can be heard from hatebreeder mostly..

The point of this thread is to discuss the quality of AYDY? as compared to the quality of the other albums\ep's.

Somebody said that Trashed, Lost and Strungout sounded thinner than AYDY? I have to strongly disagree, TL&S sound much heavier and thicker than the new album! Especially Roope's sound (again, just listen to how full the breakdown in TL&S sounds).

HCDR is the cleanest sounding album, along with Follow the Reaper. AYDY? sounds grittier, and that would be fine if not for the fact that TL&S is included on the album, and there is a noticable quality shift (for the worse) when you listen to TL&S followed by We're Not Gonna Fall (an AMAZING fuckin song, nonetheless).

I just wish Alexi had stuck with the TL&S sound, he could have switched studios for the next album if he really wanted to. It was just a real tease to hear the awesome sound of TL&S and then the muddier sound of AYDY? The new album is great, the recording quality is not.

(PLEASE tell me that they are going to play "IF YOU WANT PEACE" live!!!!)

^ Good post there, I pretty much agree!

MasqueReaper said:
(PLEASE tell me that they are going to play "IF YOU WANT PEACE" live!!!!)

Unfortunately they haven't played that one live so far.

I hate that sound that is constantly in the background, it sounds as if someone's banging on a cowbell all the time. HCDR also has that, but not nearly as much as AYDY. I hate that. It's most obvious at the beginning of If You Want Peace...