Bodom's recordings....

Elysian893 said:
i prefer the production on something wild myself... i don't know why, maybe cause it feels so raw to me...
man, you serious?

I personally don't think that anybody in the band said well we want to sound a little more muddy... fuck no... I think it is just their natural attitude at the moment... btw personally i don't really like the production of HCDR - the doubled guitars is just not my sound and I really belive that FTR is their best sounding album so far... I think the shit recorded in Astia was pushed to be perfect by Anssi Kippo just one step too much and the band at moments paid more attention to detail and technique that to the overall feeling, which I think makes the sound a little bit more like a machine and conveys much less feeling... Anyway, I seriously doubt that Bodom did it to get fans here or there, but did it because THEY like it better that way or it is just the way it naturally turned out... And frankly to me the album sounds better than HCDR... I don't know, it is my opinion :)

the only aspect of TLSO i enjoy is the keyboard tone, which they did away with on AYDY.

but really dude, i see uve got a lot of posts and have been here for a while. you should know better not to post this kind of shit on this forum, because frankly no one gives a shit, and will take te oppurtunity to flame you for it. If you want to talk about this stuff, or even AYDY? please take it to another forum where everyone is less opinionated. Really, youll be better off. :wave:

I guess people never get truly tired of the AYDY? post..., they just keep coming and coming...it's like the zombies in Resident Evil!!! Only in here, you can't kill the posts, can you o_O ?

Hate Crew Deathroll, I say the same to you as Bodomite did, you didn't need to do that, since uit is actually not true because Canadians are soooo much better than you.

Now, coming back to the album. I guess (for the 100th time), that they were looking for another type of sound. Every time a band has a large list of fans, they know they can/will release anything, and it doesn't matter if it sucks (AYDY?), but fans will buy it anyway.

Didn't we all buy AYDY? At least I did, although sometimes I do regret it.

Maybe COB is trying to become a hardcore band, because this album is very hardcore.

And maybe Alexi has to stop listening to Systme of a Down and Slipknot or all that nu-metal crap if he doesn't want its fans to be dissapionted again (and make endless quantities of posts of how dissapointed they are and bla bla bla).

but really dude, i see uve got a lot of posts and have been here for a while. you should know better not to post this kind of shit on this forum, because frankly no one gives a shit,

leave the kid alone, he gives a shit so let him post what he wants.

and apparenlty not many people here seem to know much about hardcore. i think they may be confusing it with metal-core or something, cause AYDY isnt very hardcore. i mean maybe it has a few hints of it but then again some of their old stuff had classical riffs, doesnt make them a classical band.

i prefer the production on something wild myself

i disagree but i know what u mean. the raw sound doesnt get old as fast like highly produced and perfected sounds.

Yeah, the sound and quality has gotten better album by album. T,L&S does sound very 'futuristic'. But there's hardly much emotional atmosphere to it, however there's a very silent supercool low and humming keyboard tone backing the chorus part, which you can only hear from one or two of the speakers, using surround (and doing the same trick you can hear there's a sorrowful keyboard tone in the second Angels Don't Kill solo and there's a Chinese melody in one of the Knuckleduster melodies). I love the Bodom solos done with downtuned guitars. I hate those high-tone tilulilu solos some people are so inspired with. There is some emotional sound added to AYDY, so it's not as raw as T,L&S. The muddy guitars at the beginning of IYWP are the same as at the beginning of In the Shadows. The new Bodom, when it's not boring, is just WOW.

trashed was recorded as a single then a few months later they recorded the rest of the album.

btw you fucking suck if bodoms your favorite band and you think AYDY is their best album

...It's good to see that some people are taking this thread seriously
(you gotta love the losers [see above post] who take time out to insult Bodom and their fans on a Bodom forum!)

...Anyway, I have to agree that HCDR is the "cleanest" sounding recording so far. Follow the Reaper has a very clean guitar sound, but loads of Bass distortion. The point that HateCrewDeathroll made is that AYDY seems to have a much muddier sound than Trashed, Lost and Strungout. Roope's guitar in particular seems to have lost the edginess that it had in TL&S (listen to Roope's sound in the TL&S breakdown, killer!). I think that the new songs are awesome, some of the best to date, but I think that the recording quality is much better on TL&S. As far as COB switching recording studios, there is an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." If Alexi is really looking for a change, Bodom should go to Flemming Rasmussen (Producer of Master of Puppets) for their next album, he worked wonders with Ensiferum's Iron (one of the best sounding metal albums ever).

My main problem with all Bodom albums when it comes to production is the guitar tone on rythem. It just never sounds beefy enough to me. They got close on FTR but still didn't quite get there.

The best production i've heard recently is probably Arsis's Diamond For Disease. They are hardly the most extreme or brutal band in the world but that thing's production really does hit you. The guitars are right in your face and the tone is perfect.

I wish someone would give it to Alexi actually. As it would probably show him that you can be technical as hell and heavy at the same time, without having to use the BLS style.

popcorn.gif

@Elysian: Not only I prefer something wild's production, I also prefer the playing and songwriting. It's a lot cleaner, everyone knows their place and there aren't instruments competing for sound space(ex: I really love kalmah, but you see that on the vocal lines...)

Dude, Ive been listening to Trashed since May or whenever around that time when the video came out for it. It sounds totally out of place from the entire rest of the album. Makes the cd sound like a mix.

"they know they can/will release anything, and it doesn't matter if it sucks (AYDY?), but fans will buy it anyway."

Well... In my opinion, I'll say, they can continue to play what they want, and to don't give a shit of all big bitch hardcore hold fan's opinion, and now fan will buy it anyway.

They will be commercial the day they will shit off another Hatebreeder-like album just to please the fan.