Bodoms usual scale and key _HELP!!

FRETPLAYER_mx

Blood Member
Aug 26, 2006
South of heaven
Hey Guys it's me again
so who knows in what scale and key they write their songs?
and some scales for "soloing"
:Smokedev: i wanna correct my solos :Smokedev:

E minor scales in DGCFAD.

Most of his solos now are natural minor. Loads of minor and diminished arpeggios, but it's more about the way he uses the scale.

Some songs use harmonic minor like Kissing the Shadows, Lake Bodom, Warheart.

Also, he uses the blues scale for improvising live in songs like Hate Me. If you watch the Guitar World interview on YT, you can see how he likes to add other notes in too to get different sounds, but most of what you hear is natural minor.

most of the songs are in D (power chords)
scales... yeah.. major and minor scales, pentatonics, blues scales... there are hundreds.. :)

<-Warheart-> said:
E minor scales in DGCFAD.

Most of his solos now are natural minor. Loads of minor and diminished arpeggios, but it's more about the way he uses the scale.

Some songs use harmonic minor like Kissing the Shadows, Lake Bodom, Warheart.

Also, he uses the blues scale for improvising live in songs like Hate Me. If you watch the Guitar World interview on YT, you can see how he likes to add other notes in too to get different sounds, but most of what you hear is natural minor.

Em dorian????

FRETPLAYER_mx said:
Em dorian????

Sometimes.

It usually starts off as E pentatonic minor, then E blues, then more notes are added. For example:

E-----------------------------------------------12-14-15--
B--------------------------------------12-14-15-----------
G----------------------------12-14-15---------------------
D-------------------12-13-14------------------------------
A----------12-13-14---------------------------------------
E-12-14-15------------------------------------------------

He uses that alot when improvising.

Yeah, he does it in the Hate Me solo live nowadays. :erk: That album version kicks ass.

Well it certainly sounds improvised even thought he's probably got some sort of idea of where he wants to take it.