Body Worlds

Closing off the main parts of an indoor public building for smoking is fine by me, but I don't understand why even separate and detached (door) indoor smoking sections were taken out as well... That was the best of both worlds and it was taken away. Hell, in Canada you can't even open up a PRIVATE PERSONAL business that allows indoor smoking, EVEN IF THAT BUSINESS IS SITUATED FROM INSIDE YOUR OWN PROPERTY. Honestly at that point, the anti smoking lobbyists need to fuck off and find another country to house their fascist liberal ideals.

Heh, that's pretty fucked.

Honestly I prefer stepping out for a cigarette if I choose to smoke. I really don't like smoking indoors because it gives me a headache. It also gives you a little "break" in the conversation and environment, which can be refreshing.

Closing off the main parts of an indoor public building for smoking is fine by me, but I don't understand why even separate and detached (door) indoor smoking sections were taken out as well... That was the best of both worlds and it was taken away. Hell, in Canada you can't even open up a PRIVATE PERSONAL business that allows indoor smoking, EVEN IF THAT BUSINESS IS SITUATED FROM INSIDE YOUR OWN PROPERTY. Honestly at that point, the anti smoking lobbyists need to fuck off and find another country to house their fascist liberal ideals.

Thats kinda dumpy. However in the US, if you are renting, dont expect to be able to smoke in your house.

I don't mind smoking outside either... If the weather is tolerable! I'm living in a frozen hellhole that keeps its snow and shitslush and sub zero temps for at least 4 months in a year. If I were living in southern Italy, or even back in Israel, then it would be a different story.

Enough is enough. Gotta get some food talk going on here. Anyone else reminded of beef jerky when they walk through this exhibit? Mmmm jerky.

stock%20pic%20of%20jerky.jpg

HONESTLY YES!!! haha

and Deer Jerky is awesome (IF the person who makes it knows how to do it right)

Its logical for landlords not to want smoking indoors. It does cause discoloration of the walls and stuff and its hard to clean. :| I really dont blame them for that at all.

I just turned 19 the other day though, and my lungs have yet to show any signs of complaint about my pesky habit(s), so I still have the good fortune of thoroughly enjoying each and every single drag if you don't count the weather rapage factor.

Plus, no one mentioned any benefits of smoking:

- Increased concentration on daily tasks in today's multitasking ADD caffeine-filled society
- I lost 20lbs since increasing my intake to 5-10 a day on average for the past year thanks to cigarettes subjugating a teenager's unnecessary appetite
- Goes great with coffee and alcohol, not necessarily in that order
- Great conversation entrance window whilst dealing with hot chicks who smoke (having an extra smoke or light in this case)

I really do appreciate the thread offer though, Kev. Being entirely serious though, smoking has been a wonderful muse and inspiration for the majority of the songwriting that I managed to get done in the past year, and as far as that territory is concerned, there doesn't need to be an explanation for why I keep milking this cow really.

So we should ban smoking? Should we also ban fast food, which kills more people in America? How about driving a car, since tens of thousands of car accidents happen each year? How about alcohol and alcohol-related accidents? Should we ban that and sue Guinness, Jack Daniels, Jameson, Crown Royal, etc. because someone becomes an alcoholic and destroys his/her liver? It's all about personal responsibility. It's not the companies' fault that you got fat eating too much McDonald's or that you got lung cancer from smoking two packs a day for 50 years, or that you had complete liver failure because you became an alcoholic and can't control yourself.

I understand that the tobacco companies have always been evil bastards, but I never understood how they could be responsible for forcing someone to smoke. You're inhaling fumes into your lungs...that can't be good for you.

People here drink and smoke from an early age and continue with it all their lives, and yet we have one of the highest longevity rates in the world. It's a societal problem, not Marlboro's. "I broke my face pounding myself with your hammer product, so I'm going to sue you and denounce you because your hammer broke my face." It's ludicrous and self-inflicted. They didn't hand out cigarettes to kids in school. No one forced you to buy their product and start smoking, and now you want to sue them because you started using a harmful product and got sick? It's a cop-out for personal responsibility.

And people say, "Oh the tobacco companies swayed the people's opinion with their advertising!" Well duh! That's what advertisers are supposed to do! As long as they're not saying it's full of sunshine and Vitamin C and have the health disclaimer on it, I don't see the problem. The ONLY problem is that American consumers feel they shouldn't take any responsibility for getting sick, that it's all the cigarette companies' fault. Bullshit. Complete bullshit.

Now that felt good. :cool: