Books

man, this city shuts down for christmas, if it were up to me I would have gone for pizza or a stromboli, but fuck, nothing was open. but tonight, after I leave work, I'm going by Boston Market for Sweet Garlic Rotisserie Chicken
Double-marinated, sweet garlic chicken that's slowly roasted to seal in the flavor. Served tender, moist and golden brown. Choose from: 1/4 white, 1/4 dark, or 1/2 chicken.

and then I'm going to read, listen to some music, drink some beer, and relax in my 70 degree F. living room.

lizard said:
after I leave work, I'm going by Boston Market for Sweet Garlic Rotisserie Chicken
Double-marinated, sweet garlic chicken that's slowly roasted to seal in the flavor. Served tender, moist and golden brown. Choose from: 1/4 white, 1/4 dark, or 1/2 chicken.
Maybe it's just me, but this is absolutely hysterical. It's like it just came out naturally, even though I assume you cut and pasted from either their website, or the commercial in your mind.

hahaha yeah I remember that one from a long time ago, it says from 2002 but I remember it being longer ago... maybe I've finally lost it.

I read 4 pages of Finnegans Wake last night, which puts me up to about page 8 one year after starting it. The weirdest part, I actually understood some of it. Spooky...

I thought it was an independent train wreck of a book? Not like I'll finish it within the next 20 years anyhow. :dopey:

Ulysses is the other Joyce I have, probably start on that when I'm done with Desolation Angels and War of the Worlds. I started Nabokov's Pale Fire the other night, but it seems like a book that should be read without distraction so I'll wait to read that one by itself, over a 36 hour period, On the Road style. Or something. I dunno. I'm tired. Stayed up too late eating burgers and reading. Coffee. Cookie. Candy dandy candy.

8363514.jpg

I just got this at the library. 20,000 miles in four months!!!

I'm going to make a ridiculously long one within a few months, not sure where yet. I want to be somewhere cold so I'll probably head toward our friendly neighbor to the north.

Even though I prefer solo outtings, the best roadtrips have at least one good roadhead story.

"Whole legions of shitters patched up like bandaged scorpions, something like that, you'll have to read it yourself, but so horrible that when I undertook to start typing it neatly doublespace for his publishers the following week I had horrible nightmares in my roof room--like of pulling out endless bolognas from my mouth, from my very entrails, feet of it it, pulling and pulling out all the horror of what Bull saw, and wrote."
--Jack Kerouac on Burrough's Naked Lunch

Wicked awesome.