Books

Finished Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, looking forward to reading the rest in the series now. Very funny stuff!

I don't know if that's a jab at the book or the shitty album. Honestly, I can't remember which ruined which? Both sucked massive cock. Whale cock at that.

One Inch Man said:
Finished Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, looking forward to reading the rest in the series now. Very funny stuff!

Cool, they do indeed rule :headbang: (at least the first couple of books)

I finished Arthur C Clarke's Rama II yesterday, which was really really good. I've a feeling I'll probably plow through his entire bibliography this summer

How are Arthur C. Clarke's 2000 books? You know, 2001, 2010, 2061 and shit?

Are they as boring as the movies?

hahaha I had a bunch of Star Trek and Star Wars novels in the box too. now I just gotta read some.

Also found my old copy of "Starship Troopers" by Robert A. Heinlein

Finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Good stuff, very funny with quite an amazing commentary on the human race at the end. Very mean, but I had to sit back and say "yeah, we suck."

One Inch Man said:
Finished The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Good stuff, very funny with quite an amazing commentary on the human race at the end. Very mean, but I had to sit back and say "yeah, we suck."

Wait, did I miss a post? Did you finish Life of Pi? When the fuck can we have the roundtable on that?!!1

Dude I read like 6 books at a time, certain ones I finish quicker. :p Along with getting ready to start Life, The Universe, and Everything (book 3 of the Hitchhiker series) and Slapstick by Vonnegut, I'm reading A Sand County Almanac and of course Life of Pi.

I haven't read Life of Pi in a few weeks though, I'll probably pick it up later today. :D

Dude I read like 6 books at a time, certain ones I finish quicker.

I do that too, although sometimes it leads to books falling by the wayside, like The Histories, I started that a year ago and it's only half-finished :(

Bought The Travels of Marco Polo the other day, fun stuff.

Yeah, right now The Ground Beneath Her Feet (Rushdie), Pale Fire (Nabokov), and Steppenwolf (Hesse) are in that limbo state. I like what I've read so far, but when I'm not in the right mood to read certain books I don't pay enough attention to them, and by the time I finish I go "okay done, now what the hell did I just read?" So instead I just put them down until a later date.

JayK, you know how people give me a thousand CD-Rs all the time? Other people do the same with books to me!!! o_O

I just read The Radiant Warrior, by Leo Frankowski, which is actually a collection of his first three Cross-Time Engineer fantasy novels about an engineer who accidentally gets transported back to 13th century poland, has a genetically engineered horse with an IQ of 60, and all kinds of cool stuff...very funny, very entertaining fantasy fiction.

Finished Life, The Universe, and Everything. Not as good as the first two in the Hitch Hiker series, will probably take a break with something else before finishing the last two.

Like more Vonnegut, or finally get on to Tolkien's Unfinished Tales. Or maybe the next Sandman book or this or that or...