Books

Hmm I may have to check out that King book. I used to be in to him as a wee lad, but then grew tired of watching him ruin a decent story with a joke ending.

He never failed, every single time.

It's alright. You just let on that it's an unhappy ending, which I kind of expected anyway.

Nah, I said I didn't care for it. Doesn't mean you won't. Don't read into anything I say. My reviews are useless.

I have to recomend two books I just finished: Eumeswil and On the Marble Cliffs. The Amzaon links are only for reference, if you're interested go have a look at your local librariy instead since they're both apparently pretty expensive.
Anyway, both were written by the german author Ernst Jünger; world war one veteran, great thinker and a true noble man.

I wont try to put into words why I adore these two books, they just speak straight to me. I'm aware that books like these aren't for everyone, but on the other hand, the really great ones never are.

MOOSE, you would love this, I'm 100% certain. At least have a go at The Marble Cliffs, it's quite short. I reckon bibliophiles like Mr Sirloin might also enjoy it :p

I thought I wouldn't have time to read outside of school books this quarter, but I managed to sneak in three including "Female Chauvinist Pigs" by Ariel Levy, "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris and "The Shadow at the Bottom of the World" by Thomas Ligotti. Plus I've read more art and film theory in an 8 week period than I ever imagined possible. I have next week off, so I'll probably try Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses" again.

I got this from AMAZOn few days ago:

so far its great:

0618680004.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54473513_.jpg

South Park made an episode about Dawkins recently. He winds up giving it to Ms./Mr. Garrison from behind, and converting everyone to atheism. It was pretty hot!
I've been reading mostly non-fiction lately, so I kind of want to read some fiction. But I also really want to dig into the God Delusion. Decisions decisions...

Impudent, still working on Wizard in Glass?
Nope, finished it a little while ago, but haven't continued with the series because the school library doesn't have the other books and I haven't had a chance to make it down to the public library. Read "The Highwayman" by R.A. Salvatore instead. Sad story, happy ending. Decent book. Now reading "Servant of the Shard" by Salvatore. I love his books.

I'll get drunk and stuffed and will think of you guys.

You'll think of us while you're getting stuffed? Sexy.

Back on track: Just got done reading 36 Views of Mount Fuji: On Finding Myself in Japan by Cathy N. Davidson. She wrote it over a decade ago and it's largely about the times she spend in Japan from 1980-1990 but it's amazing how relevant it would still appear to be. Or so I think, as I find it matches up with much of what I see writen today from people currently in Japan. Kinda goes to show how slowly shit changes.

Currently reading Sartre - The Age of Reason, about 5 years after being recommended it. It's pretty much blowing my mind, and yet at the same time it's so obvious and digestable, it almost seems too easy for philosophy.