Books

10 pages into a paper on manuel puig's Kiss of the Spider Woman....really good book, but it has gay sex in it so probably many of you would pass. hey, at least there's no my pals.

Nope, finished it a little while ago, but haven't continued with the series because the school library doesn't have the other books and I haven't had a chance to make it down to the public library. Read "The Highwayman" by R.A. Salvatore instead. Sad story, happy ending. Decent book. Now reading "Servant of the Shard" by Salvatore. I love his books.

Yeah, I had to buy Wolves of the Calla, and my copy's still aat my house. So, if you get some free time, call over there and go pick it up or somerhing, I also have the last book when you need it.

I'm reading Promise of the Witch King by R.A, Salvatore. He is a really good author.

I've been reading Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut and Dune Messiah lately. Invitation to a Beheading by Vonnegut and Persepolis I & II are both on the chopping block right now.

secshow-250.jpg

Finished "Servant of the Shard". Now reading "The Silent Blade". I know I'm reading these out of order, but I can piece it together.

Picked up some John Grisham book to read at work today (slow day) and man, he sucks. Not that I expected Shakespeare or whatever but his writing ability had me laughing in spots. Alas, the story itself makes the book hard to put down.

Finished "Servant of the Shard". Now reading "The Silent Blade". I know I'm reading these out of order, but I can piece it together.

DRIZZT DIES

(although that was sarcasm and lame joke on being a spoiler, now that I think of it, I think he actually does...

no he doesn't...

...or maybe he does and they bring him back to life?

ahhhh... the neverending wonders of R.A. Salvatore's terrible writing.)

MajestikMøøse;5673213 said:
DRIZZT DIES

(although that was sarcasm and lame joke on being a spoiler, now that I think of it, I think he actually does...

no he doesn't...

...or maybe he does and they bring him back to life?

ahhhh... the neverending wonders of R.A. Salvatore's terrible writing.)

Well I like his writing! :mad:

just read the stranger by camus and slapstick by vonnegut. starting absalom, absalom! by faulkner next.

i want to read against the day but i don't have thirty fucken dollars for a book. i'll figure i'll just wait for it to be put in the discount bin for $5.

edit:: sirloin, how does against the day compare to pynchon's other works??

The biggest difference between AtD and his earlier stuff is that it dabbles in multiple genres of the early 1900s, like Jules Verne adventure novels (the Chums of Chance and their flying ship Inconvenience), spy novels and Westerns... all told with that distinctive Pynchonian schizophrenia. Lot of pages, lot of characters, lot of sub-plots, tons of references ranging from Quaternions to Tesla to anarchist politics. Very fun if you take it slow. Oh, and there are none of those obviously-chemical-induced hallucinations of Gravity's Rainbow, though I sorta miss those. More focus on character development too, as some of these (emphasis on "some") characters actually are believable.

Lol this sucks I haven't read a complete book in a LONG time! Not even a single one for any of the university courses I've aced in the past few years :loco:

Any y'alls like Civil War fiction? I recently read The Black Flower by Howard Bahr. It is brilliant. Prior to that I read The Dying of the Light and it's supposed to be a classic, although Bahr's novel has eclipsed any memory I had of it.