books

DeathBlade said:
I find it surprising that people have mentioned Arther C. Clark, yet not the Dune seres? Or Heinlan, and only one person mentioned h.p. lovecraft? And what about asimov?
OK if you like the old science fiction read stranger in a strange land (heinlan), dune, and foundation. Uhh for fantasy anyone read the wheel of time? O and does anyone else know any other good classic (not the modern sci fi) sci fi writers?
I think the Dune books are the best series ever. Frank Herbert is the Muad'dib.

And if you like those writers you might also like Ursula K. Le Guin (The Left Hand Of Darkness, The Dispossessed) and Roger Zelazny (Lord Of Light, the Amber series).

Does anyone here know where I could find the A Requiem For Homo Sapiens series by David Zindell for a reasonable price? Every place I've looked either doesn't have it or has it for way too much money.

who?

anyway....I'm still reading "Röde Orm" in simple Swedish (*hides*), soon done with that though.

Then last week I have just started "A Short History On Nearly Everything" by one of my favourite authors Bill Bryson. He's usually known for very informative yet funny travel literature and some linguistic stuff as well (did I mention he rules?)....and now this is his "quest to understand everything that has happened from the Big Bang to the rise of civilization - how we got from there, being nothing at all, to here, being us". Just reached chapter 4 "The Meisure Of Things - The Size Of The Earth". So far very enjoyable to read - maybe depends on how much you already know about the subject though (I'm just done with 1/4 of my Hawking book, so go figure, hehe... - why do I start reading different stuff at once and not finish one after another? :rolleyes: ) Anyway, I could imagine you'd like that book too, *M* ;)

oh dear......much history of science. I have the feeling that I _should_ find it interesting but somehow I don't LOL. Some parts ok, but on others he looses me. And I thought it was written for normal ( ;) ) ppl, haha. Right now I'm only reading it in the train when I get home from work, so I'm not really progressing :rolleyes:

I'm going to start reading a book by Sir Peter Ustinov... :)

Dan Brown seems to be extremely popular these days. Still haven't read any of his books. A colleague accidently ordered an English version of one of his books and since her English is too weak (that's what she says herself) she told me she would give it to me. Can't remember which book it is though.

I read a book by Max Goldt on saturday within two hours or so (yes, it was a slim book...) and started one by Kjell Johansson.

And I'm slowly but surely reaching the end of the Bryson book. Currently it's quite interesting again but I found out that I don't care that much for geology. Damn, that chapter bored me a little.