books

I still have a book with short stories by Swedish authors to read...........the problem is, I'm obviously too stupid to get the point of most of the stories :rolleyes:
and yes, I do see how cruel Swedes are to me, M :p

I'm afraid that statement doesn't make much sense to me, Agent K...

Anyway, I just started with a novel by a Norwegian author !:eek: today (Cecilie Enger, original title "Ytterpunkt")

And I was close to buy a book for improving Swedish knowledge but I figured that there's not too much to improve for me at this point but to simply learn in the first place :lol:

oh well... u know.. i go to the library and look for interesting books there... what a strange habit, right? ;)

but right now im reading Kurt Vonnegut:Bluebeard - its f*** great.

Gaunerin said:
but why look for interesting books when you have no time to read them? :confused:
no wonder the book rules though - it does have the word beard in it ;)

no comment.. ;)

NR: Marlo Morgan: Mutant Message Down Under - a really interesting book

The Nightmare Factory by Thomas Ligotti (my literary god...very hard to find)
H.P. Lovecraft
Maldoror & The Complete Works of the Comte de Lautreamont- Lautreamont a.k.a. Isidore Ducasse
1984- George Orwell
American Psycho- Bret Easton Ellis

bunch of other wank nonsense

I find it surprising that people have mentioned Arther C. Clark, yet not the Dune seres? Or Heinlan, and only one person mentioned h.p. lovecraft? And what about asimov?
OK if you like the old science fiction read stranger in a strange land (heinlan), dune, and foundation. Uhh for fantasy anyone read the wheel of time? O and does anyone else know any other good classic (not the modern sci fi) sci fi writers?

DeathBlade said:
I find it surprising that people have mentioned Arther C. Clark, yet not the Dune seres? Or Heinlan, and only one person mentioned h.p. lovecraft? And what about asimov?
OK if you like the old science fiction read stranger in a strange land (heinlan), dune, and foundation. Uhh for fantasy anyone read the wheel of time? O and does anyone else know any other good classic (not the modern sci fi) sci fi writers?

Strange or not... ive never read the Dune series.. ive wanted to watch the movie they made from the book... but i got bored and stopped watching it.
But I love Asimov.

good old sci fi writers? u mean like Verne?
sorry... i couldnt resist :loco:

Mocika said:
not yet... worth reading it? i prefer sci-fi like what Asimov and Lem wrote...
Just finishing the first one now, and it is a really really good book. I assume the next two will be equally good.

I'm very hooked on the latest developments within space research/travel, and all the science that goes with it. Basically you can say I'm more of a sci-fact fan than sci-fi. This is what I love about the Mars trilogy, as he incorporates the latest relevant sciences (written in '92) in an extremely fluid and well researched manner. It is obvious that Robinson really understands the science involved in mars development and terraforming. This is also what makes the story so believable. I highly recommend them :)