bored story

Jan 3, 2003
Sydney
im bored so im gonna tell a story... so gather round......
when opeth came to sydney in 2004 i went to the concert and headbanged my ass off as did most ppl.
and then in demon of the fall encore me and my grim friend decided to put in sum extra effort as it was the end of the show.... a push circle of death had formed behind us and one HUGE GIGANTIC BEHEMOTH of a man was dominating the circle, metalheads were bouncin off him like flys in a desperate effort to move the beast.......

now i was 16 at the time and short and of average build, but me and my friend just looked at the man-giant and smiled and jumped into him right after the accoustic breakdown, and despite my friend suffering a bleeding head wound, we managed to move the guy back into the crowd and for a moment we were victorious!!!!!!!!!!! then we got swarmed but thats irrelevant

i hope reading this story entertained u as much as it did me writting it :)

Good story! The concert behemoth is indeed an interesting sight. In their natural habitat, they are somewhat calm and sloth. But when taken into the metal environment, they turn into a raging beast, bouncing people every which way with their bountiful girth (as you can tell, I did a report on the concert behemoth once). ;) I'm glad to hear you were victorious.

*flame*... dude that just ruins concerts. :p

Ok heres a story! At the Iced Earth show I attended on their past tour. I was headbanging and loving my every existence on this planet called earth. About 3 songs in come two 300+ hillbilly dudes who are elbowing everyone for prime position! After 2 minutes of constant nudging they make there way beside me. We make small talk and the one tubbo isnt too bad a fellow. About half way through the set I leave the 3-4 standing row and make my way back to the merchandise stand. Low and behold comes Tom Englund of Evergrey. I concoct a diabolical scheme in which I will have him sign his autograph. I purchase their new cd Inner Circle and ask the kind booth jockey if I can borrow a sharpie. In which he replies "Just bring it back!" After getting my cd signed out of the forest of flailing arms comes the behemoth from earlier in the night. He starts complaining to me... "Man I had to get out of there! A bunch of assholes were elbowing and trying to move up closer to the stage!"

Moral of the story- What comes around...Goes around!

I'm pretty small in size (5'5") compared to some of the ogres that waltz in on concerts. So it's pretty scary, but totally worth it when the night is through. Good story though. I was bored and it helped.

There were people trying to mosh during hope leaves on the damnation tour...as they screamed "distortion!!!! pussies!!!! Demon of the Fall!!!!" i wanted to punch them in the face...but that would have only made matters worse.

So you really haven't got much credit to say that, osse. I don't think it ruins the gig, as long as it's not just pointless violence. I do my thing, which is and always will be headbanging and maybe a bit more, but I'm not really into mosh pits. If others are, fine by me.

yeh i agree with losers screamin shit like that during damnation tour would be lame... but u gotta headbang in concerts!!!! i was in the mosh the whole of opeth and the only down side i was so insane that i dont remember much except TRTD an Windowpane

Themoor666 said:
The Big guy in the pit. Ah yes I remember well the large african american fellow with the mohawk dominating Devil Drivers pit and totally demolishing everyone in his path
For a moment there I thought you were at thesameshowasI.

But this guy had curly hair.

My Story:

In the pit to DOTF, my shoe fell off so I had to crawl under the moshingess and retrieve it. I got back up and continued moshing. I got hit in the head with an elbow and a busted lip. Well worth it.

Also, when I was headbanging I usually ended up slapping someone in the face with my hair.

If that's anyone here...sorry! :D

When I saw Opeth on the Damnation tour, some guy behind me screamed "Fuck me!" as soon as Mikael started talking. Everybody turned around and started laughing, so Mike was totally interrupted. It was pretty funny.

When I saw them on the Lamentations tour, something similar to the stories in this thread happened to me. I was on the very edge of the pit, and there was this HUGE guy wearing a security shirt, and I was like "Oh my God, I'm about to get pushed into this guy, and he's going to kill me." I did, and he turned around and swung his elbow at me, but stopped, so it was just in threat. He growled when he did it, too, so I was like "OMFG, I'm dead."

i agree with every man for himself in a concert, but not pointless violence. if someone is trying to get in front of me at a gig i will push them out of the way, but i wont go out of my way to beat the shit out of someone who hasnt done anything.