Borknagar @ Wacken 2009

Is there any chance of Borknagar playing Bloodstock 2009 in the UK? They'd fit in pretty well there and the festival's currently meh (IMO apart from like 2 wicked bands) lineup needs a kick up the arse of Borknagar's caliber

Or Bloodstock plz
OR JUST YOU KNOW, NOT FUCKING WACKEN.

Are you against Wacken because it's Wacken, or because you can't go?

Because I'm failing to see how playing at one of the world's largest and most famous metal festivals in the world is possibly a bad move for the band.

Are you against Wacken because it's Wacken, or because you can't go?

Because I'm failing to see how playing at one of the world's largest and most famous metal festivals in the world is possibly a bad move for the band.

Because Wacken is shit. Such a waste of money and a pathetic excuse for a festival.

Also w/e I hope Borknagar do end up hitting up somewhere I can actually attend, hmm.

I was there in 2006 and thought it was pretty good, but then again I can't really compare because it's been the only festival I've ever been to ;-) But what an amazing show from Emperor!!! (their reunion was the only reason I went..)

^ Take it easy, you'll see them one day :rolleyes: . You have a bigger chance than me, and you don't see me righting everything in CAPS LOCK, do you?

This. :lol: I'm just chilling out, if they come they'll come, but if not then I guess nothing will have really changed because I never expected to see them in North America. I hope they do but there isn't much to play here except for a handful of festivals. You Europeans need to chill out though. It costs like $19.99 to fly across Europe so you're safe no matter where they play. It costs like $2000 to fly over the Atlantic. :erk:

Because Wacken is shit. Such a waste of money and a pathetic excuse for a festival.

So, why is Wacken shit then? It's a huge festival, and will expose the band to some potential 70,000 people, some of which may not have ever heard them before. I still don't see this as a bad thing, nor do I see why Wacken is shit.

Hell, in America we *barely* get festivals like this at all; if something like Wacken happened over here, I'd be there every year!

i was in wacken in 2001 and 2002...maybe there was not so many people as in the last few years, but i have to quote agah: best weekends of my life!
i have so many good memories of those days, including my norvegian tent-neighbour whose face went on fire 'cause he was doing stuping fire-tricks with the barbecue liquid in his mouth :lol:

This. :lol: I'm just chilling out, if they come they'll come, but if not then I guess nothing will have really changed because I never expected to see them in North America. I hope they do but there isn't much to play here except for a handful of festivals. You Europeans need to chill out though. It costs like $19.99 to fly across Europe so you're safe no matter where they play. It costs like $2000 to fly over the Atlantic. :erk:

Yeah I don't know what the fuck Isjungfrun is complaining about. Honestly, I'm not flaming here or anything, but I get to see in average 3 concerts per year. I went to London once and saw Therion, Grave Digger and Sabaton. And that was in only one bloody weekend (actually night)!!! So you're complaining because you can't see Bork?!? Well, come here and you'll be able to complain of how you never see any bands at all!!!

And I hope Bork goes to Wacken, it'll be good promotion to the band.

Certainly Wacken is not as good as before, but hell it's still a pretty damn good festival!

And yes, Tintin rules. There's a subway station in Brussels that has this bunch of Tintin drawings on the walls, it's simply marvellous! :)

So, why is Wacken shit then? It's a huge festival, and will expose the band to some potential 70,000 people, some of which may not have ever heard them before. I still don't see this as a bad thing, nor do I see why Wacken is shit.

Hell, in America we *barely* get festivals like this at all; if something like Wacken happened over here, I'd be there every year!

Ignoring the "America" ( n.- ), you get so many festivals!!! Sometimes even better than the ones in Europe! You got Heaven and Hell, Mötorhead, Priest, Testament in one tour!!! I have wet dreams just thinking of that!!! Really, you guys are very lucky in that sense!

Hey, you have an Avatar "avatar"! :lol: