Borknagar @ Wacken 2009

Heh someone said to me that people without long hair headbanging look like bobble heads... Kinda true now that I see it and think about it...

Erik, is that an Ampeg amp? Or just an Ampeg cabinet?

What happen for me was that my monitor sound was coming and going quite frequently...at the beginning of the song it was there and after a while I it was just "gone"...my mix was to have a lot of keyboards to guide me in what Key to sing. But keyboards came and went all the time and then it's for me quite hard to do the job, complex guitar chords with distorsion is very hard to have as the only guideline for me at a live situation when the sound isn't the best possible.

mr V

I imagined that the monitors were shitty (In fact, I thought you were walking around to hear something, maybe Tyr had the same problem on the beginning). The audio on stage usually is totally different from the sound heard by the crowd... sometimes you can't hear anything, even if your pals are playing besides you - but few people knows it.

On big stages like Wacken, to have those technical problems is very unfortunate.

Unfortunate is really not the correct word. In a festival like Wacken these things are a lack of respect to both the public and the band, how can they happen? It's not like they don't have money to pay for decent sound! It's amazing and unforgivable! :puke: *Wacken sound*

Djöfull;8457006 said:
Borkz playing new song The bitch is back.
5800_1188238300308_1058848669_580309_7439018_n.jpg

And she was...

Not that I'm homosexual or anything, but screw that bitch; she doesn't let me see the band :( !

( ;) ).

does anyone have some photos of the show?
i was searching the net but no one seems to have uploaded photos yet.
i've found only those three on flickr:

3790131308_0f672fc152.jpg

3790128856_3ea5f9ce26.jpg

3785805961_ae284f5509.jpg

well the sound was almost shitty at the beginning but got a bit better afterwards, nevertheless far too much bass. Unfortunately it was very hot without any airbreezes most of the time, so the crowd's mood didn't get too cheerful, but all in all it was an amazing gig and was worth every cent - especially seen in combination with the Enslaved gig afterwards.

Trying to rebuild the Borknagar setlist in no particular order except first and last song:

Ruins Of Future
Gods Of My World
Universal
Inherit The Earth
The Black Token
Ad Noctum
Oceans Rise
Colossus
The Genuine Pulse
Future Reminiscence
The Dawn Of The End

I still wonder how they managed to play 11 songs in approx 50+ minutes (they played not a single intro to any song, Genuine Pulse = :err:) but anyway.. I'm quite sure that the list is correct. Tried so hard to stay sober 2 hours before their gig and was so nervous I couldn't talk :lol:

Thnks Uwe, the first and last ones were the only ones I missed the title of. I'll steel hem for my review, ok?

does anyone have some photos of the show?
i was searching the net but no one seems to have uploaded photos yet.
i've found only those three on flickr:

3790131308_0f672fc152.jpg

3790128856_3ea5f9ce26.jpg

3785805961_ae284f5509.jpg

We've gotten some great pics, just gotta get home from Brutal Assault and get all the work done ;)

We've gotten some great pics, just gotta get home from Brutal Assault and get all the work done ;)

i'll wait :)
some friends of mine are at brutal assault too, seems one of the best festivals of this summer regarding groups :kickass:

Thnks Uwe, the first and last ones were the only ones I missed the title of. I'll steel hem for my review, ok?

of course, no problem. but the order isn't correct, as I've said.

and I liked the previous line-ups from Brutal Assault much better, although it's far, far away from bad this year. but except Ulver, Immortal and Psycroptic there was no real big hit this year for me...

Don't worry, I've got the order down for the rest of them; as I said, only first and last one caused me a problem, he he...
I know Brutal Assault have had some nice line-up's in the past, but this was my first year there... Very nice place, and I just couldn't pass up the chance to see Brujeria live, not something you get the chance to do too often.

Hehe, it seems as if the guy who recorded this believed the song was over at that point.
Some more pics here

eehehe maybe. or he just finished the batteries of the camera :)

i prefer the photos from the other link you gave us in the previous post. it seems that this photographer has some problems in balancing the subject into the photo, he brutally cut oystein's head in one shot :lol:

Estimated

audiovisual expecting something from your hand and have nothing of good quality, although it is not the occasion to enjoy good material. But I'm so fan of Borknagar and Vintersorg they do not forgive have sounded perfect, and the problem goes to the background as the musical quality of the banda is very high. I just hope that some day come to the lands of South America before dying.

Greetings,

M.C From Chile.
What happen for me was that my monitor sound was coming and going quite frequently...at the beginning of the song it was there and after a while I it was just "gone"...my mix was to have a lot of keyboards to guide me in what Key to sing. But keyboards came and went all the time and then it's for me quite hard to do the job, complex guitar chords with distorsion is very hard to have as the only guideline for me at a live situation when the sound isn't the best possible.

mr V

from another point of view, future reminiscence

i've found also a video of the rehearsal, the voice is really too low, but from the few notes that can be heard mr V seems to sing quite well :D

Last edited by a moderator: