Bought a Nile CD today.

Protected Witness

Magickal Theatre 33
Sep 27, 2002
www.mrniel.net
www.mrniel.net
In their Darkened shrines.

Crazy, crazy, crazy fast drumming. Wow. Crazy riffs too. They got a little more arty on this one too, which is also cool.

My Arms Your Hearse was in the Cd player today, but I'll have to go back to Deliverance tomorrow. The new mudvayne cd comes out tomorrow too. Hmmmmm....

Nile needs some better guitar production. The tone they use gets kinda muddy when they play as fast as they do.

Originally posted by Mr. Niel
In their Darkened shrines.

Crazy, crazy, crazy fast drumming. Wow. Crazy riffs too. They got a little more arty on this one too, which is also cool.

My Arms Your Hearse was in the Cd player today, but I'll have to go back to Deliverance tomorrow. The new mudvayne cd comes out tomorrow too. Hmmmmm....

Nile needs some better guitar production. The tone they use gets kinda muddy when they play as fast as they do.

Stop whining and just be pummeled by the brutality. Who cares about MudGayne

Originally posted by Goat Labia
Stop whining and just be pummeled by the brutality. Who cares about MudGayne
Originally posted by the Last guy, I think
They'll never make a record as good as from the gates of Nephra - Ka. Those songs have riffs that never repeat and the production is perfect and evoke so much emotion and their last album was so boring compared to those. I'll just have to tell you that everytime you say a positive thing about Nile from now on....

No, but seriously, I like that new album.

And I appreciate Mudvayne's music. Don't care too much about the crazy image antics, but hey, no one's perfect...

yea, i like mudvayne's music too. it's really pathetic how they get bashed and dissed so much because they're immediatley placed with the crappy nu-metal. the bassist is pretty damn good, and so is the singer (good range)...they're actually pretty technical at times...use different time signatures and stuff...
a despise their crappy gimmicks and image but shouldn't music be about the music?

Nile are great. Nothing special though.

Nothing wrong with Mudvayne. Although their new album sounds not good. Very repetitive. It seems the guitarist has forgotten 2 of the 4 chords he knows and... well there you have it... 2 chord riffs. The bass sounds nothing special this time. The drummer is doing some freaky 17/8 shit... or something...

Mudvayne are good musicians but are an average nu metal band..Who cares about Mudvayne..Nile's debut release on Relapse records was called
AMONGST THE CATACOMBS OF NEPHRAN KA..Nile are phenomanal with diminished appregios, an egyption historical/ mythology theme as Nile simply crush the failure known as Mudvayne..Nile are one of if not America's best death metal..Simply crushing,brutal death metal..Would love to see Opeth tour with Nile...Hails..-l-

I hope NILE tour the UK again,i missed them in OCT because i was completely broke as fuck:( :mad: :cry:

Originally posted by threak
I hope NILE tour the UK again,i missed them in OCT because i was completely broke as fuck:( :mad: :cry:

Ah me too bro, I was fucking stressing me arse off when I found I had no cash because I spent it all on booze, hehe. Ill learn one day!

Yes and I think In Their Darkened Shrines is fab. Black Seeds Of Vengance is better IMO though.

OMG, weirdest thing just happened, while inm typing this, my comp just so happens to pick title track from ITDS, and I have like 3000 mp3's!! :eek:

\m/

never really liked mudvayne too much.

oh yeah, dude i agree with you about nile. nephren-ka was as close to perfect as they'll get. a pure statement of intent, they didn't have to worry about writing riffs that sounded like their old riffs. it was the first technical death metal record i ever heard and i'm still blown away by it now.

black seeds of vengeance rocked too. a bit inconsistent, but the good bits made up for it easily. production was too dark.

i've only had the desire to listen to in their darkened shrines about 3 times. i'm getting closer and closer to selling it. it's overlong and the only track that really stands out as being top quality nile is wind or horus and the second song...but i can't remember the name of that one. and the production has got even worse.

oh well.

Nile will be coming to the USA with Napalm Death, Dark Tranquility, Strapping Young Lad, and The Berzerker. That's one hell of a kickass lineup! I'll be at the Pittsburgh show for sure :)

Here are the dates...

January 17 Houston, TX Fitzgerald's
January 18 Austin, TX Backroom
January 19 Dallas, TX Canyon Club
January 21 Phoenix, AZ Bash On Ash
January 22 Los Angeles, CA Key Club
January 23 Santa Ana, CA Galaxy Theater
January 25 Portland, OR Roseland Theatre
January 26 Seattle, WA Graceland
January 28 Englewood, CO Gothic Theatre
January 30 Minneapolis, MN Quest Club
January 31 Chicago, IL Vic Theater

February 2003

02/01/2003 Pop’s Sauget, IL
02/02/2003 Bogart's Cincinnatti, OH
02/03/2003 Agora Theatre Cleveland, OH
02/04/2003 Royal Oak Theatre Royal Oaks, MI
02/07/2003 The Palladium Worcester, MA
02/08/2003 The Chance Poughkeepsie, NY
02/09/2003 The Trocadero Philadelphia, PA
02/10/2003 Metropol Pittsburgh, PA
02/11/2003 BB King's Blues Club New York City, NY
02/12/2003 Jaxx West Springfield, VA
02/13/2003 Norva Norfolk, VA
02/14/2003 The Masquerade Atlanta, GA
02/15/2003 The Factory Ft. Lauderdale, FL
02/15/2003 The Masquerade Tampa, FL

You guys, I was kidding about Nephra Ka or whatever it's called. I've never heard it before (I'm sure it's good though, judging from their last two releases). I was smartassing the one guy by acting like some of the Morningrise sheep who hang around here...

I bought the New Mudvayne cd today. It's alright so far...not too bad.

And so we get this straight, I like Nile. They are great musicians and I like their subject of content. I just thought they could benefit from better guitar production cause everyone knows when you scoop all your mids out of your tone it gets heavy as fuck but also gets muddy as fuck when you play fast, and everyone knows Nile plays real damn fast.

I'm so sick of these mall core fans that lsiten to crap like Mudvayne,Deftones ect and put down exciting death bands like Nile..Nile are known for excellent production..Many of the instruments used are middle eastern instruments and require special production..The guitars don't sound muddy at all (maybe the bass since Chier Spires left) and the production on Nile's releases are excellent..Nile's tours are filled with TRL loving
teenagers and boy bands with guitars, Nile's tours
have top notch talent..No your shit before putting Mudvayne on a pedestal before Nile..Hails..-l-