Bought the 'Classic Albums' NOTB DVD today...

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Very cool stuff! However, I do hope that the Hallowed Be Thy Name footage off of the RiR DVD isn't representative of the quality on the finished product :ill:

That classic footage, though... :worship:

More smilies! Is this the greatest bulletin board thingo ever? Yes! Mark, this ones for you ---> :worship: :D

That not worthy one IS new isnt it?.......

Anyways, if you meant the visual quality of the RIR thing, it looks like it was transferred to dvd in a hurry for the release, I highly doubt it will be like that on the full show :D

Yes, the not worthy one is new - as of this morning! :)

I figure the quality will be better for the DVD, but I do hope the editing it is better as well. But it looked like they pulled a lot of the TV footage in for it, whereas as far as I know they had their own video crew there on the night...

Ahh ok, well all I know is that the crowd sang along really loudly so im not worried :) ;)

When it comes to videos or DVDs, I don't give a shit what the crowd sounds like - I just don't want to get a headache watching the show ;)

:lol: Well, im sure you wont, after a year they should be able to at least get the video quality right :D

:lol:

This reminds me of a video I once hired, back in 88 or something, of some german metal bands (mostly namesless ones, but I think Lionheart (or something) were there, and Running Wild and Warlock), and it was meant to be a live video, but not once did you see the crowd, and only once did you hear someone yell out for the band (probably the boom mike guy or something). :lol:

One can always rely on cool quotes from Metal Sludge. Here's what they said about "Live Insurrection":

The CD is a little too polished for me. I'm not into live albums that have "studio magic." I don't want David Copperfield doing anything to the CD, I want live shit. I want fuckups, mistakes, and off key vocals. Wait a minute, it almost sounds like I just described a Slaughter CD. Nevermind then. But other than that I can't really bitch too much.

Either Region 4 or all-regions. Either way, it plays on my region 4 DVD player.

I'm still stuck with a Region 1 Dream Theater DVD that I can't be bothered taking back to Skinny's - shall just wait a year or two until I get my player fixed, I guess.

What's the deal with a multi-zone player? Do you have to get them chipped, like with Playstations?

Something like that, yeah. I don't know the whole technical wotsit for it, but I found out it costs about $70-80 to get it done (at least at the place I enquired about it at).

What stopped me buying one in the past was that region thing, cos i knew i'd buy DVDs from other regions if I had one. That's a relief....I'll be able to get one now.

A couple more questions on DVDs:

1. When movies have optional subtitles, do they usually include Indonesian or Malay?
2. Movies seem to offer lots of extras, like scenes cut out, interviews etc. What kinds of extras do the music ones offer? I've never watched a music DVD.

For the music ones you usually get a biography/discography and maybe a few videos from mtv or whatever, it really depends on the band, as to what they put on there for you :D

Subtitles im not so sure about, I cant see why Indonesian wouldnt be on there, but cant say for sure....

Originally posted by Spiff
One can always rely on cool quotes from Metal Sludge. Here's what they said about "Live Insurrection":

The CD is a little too polished for me. I'm not into live albums that have "studio magic." I don't want David Copperfield doing anything to the CD, I want live shit. I want fuckups, mistakes, and off key vocals. Wait a minute, it almost sounds like I just described a Slaughter CD. Nevermind then. But other than that I can't really bitch too much.

A Slaughter CD??? Unless they are talking about the Canadian thrash/death band, which I doubt coz Metal Sludge only seems to talk about glam/traditional metal... I'm confused.

Slaughter albums are overly polished..... the sharpest production I've ever heard on glam/hard rock albums is on their first 2.